Check This Bad Boy Out!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevyn

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
I just put a deposit down on a few snakes today, this is one of them. This is a male Neo-Tropical Rattlesnake or Cascabel (Crotalus d. durissus).

[/img]http://www.a1pythons.com/curav1/Nov22/hp_DSCN0055.jpg
http://www.a1pythons.com/curav1/Nov22/hp_DSCN0054.jpg

Hi Kev - I love the photos! The patterns and colouration on that guy is awesome!!! :D

Looking at the tanks in the background, can I ask what substrate you're using in there?

Looking at the tanks in the background, can I ask what substrate you're using in there?

That's not me in the photo nor is that my place. That's Henry Piorun at his facility. He's using aspen for a substrate. I prefer newspaper.

Greebs, I hate to tell you but that's a venomoid. I know, I know, but the way I figure it, it's not the snakes fault and Henry didn't have the surgery done. Okay, flame away. The pair of Copperheads I'm getting aren't though.

So can you guys tell me what a Venomoid is please? Is that a snake with its Venom Glands removed, or something similar like "He who cannot be named does to his Show Snakes?"

Venomoids are snakes with venom glands removed...lets not turn this into yet another whinge and moan about them.

The way I see it, if you can't handle it, don't own it. Simple.

Like I said, it's not the snakes fault. I didn't seek out to buy a venomoid, nor did I or Henry have the surgery preformed. These snakes are under valued in North America by most keepers, and too often ignored. Venomoid or not, it's a beautiful animal that deserves a good life and home.

Even with it being a venomoid they still command the utmost respect. They have huge teeth, a bit would be very painful. Also you can never sure that the procedure was successful. There are, albeit rare, cases of glandular regeneration. Or the vet (I hope) didn't do the procedure properly. Bottom line, I'm treating this snake as if it is hot, because I can't be certain it's not. Unless I get bit, a chance I'm not willing to take.

shame its a a venomoid, get a female, the babies wont be ;)

I forgot you guys hate the term "hot". I'd love to get a female, but I'm not sure if I want to breed them. This guy maybe find his purpose doing public education.

Thanks, it's finally growing in the direction I want it to. We've sat down and really thought about things and what we want to do. It's good. I'm hoping to add some GTPs soon, once Henry's eggs hatch out. That will pretty much set me for now, but there's always more Retics to be had...

With the 4 I just purchased (Cascabel, 1.1 Copperheads, and a female Afrock), the 3 Retics from Mike Wilbanks that I'm waiting on, That will but me at 23. I might pick up a pair of Mangrove snakes if buddy ever gets back to me about them. If not, oh well.

Son_of_Ash said:
I might pick up a pair of Mangrove snakes if buddy ever gets back to me about them. If not, oh well.

mangrove snakes are awsome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back