Children's house?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shewolf82

Reaction score
Hey all, :D
I really wanna get a pet Children's python this year or maybe next year (depending on funds!) and i have looked up soooo much info on snakes, but still am undecided - what would be the best house for a Children's python? Does anyone own one? What works best (if u have one?) anyone got any good suggestions??
Thanks guys! :twisted:

Hi she wolf
I bought my first enclosure from a pet store and it cost me $200 (the white one)
if you follow the link there are some pix in my gallery.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/module...ame=gallery&file=index&include=view_album.php

since then I have made one of my own from an old chest which cost me about $40
if you look in different galleries there are several different ideas
If you are not very handy to make your own you can look in the gallery under "ideas" and there are some there you can follow or buy in some cases.
For a childrens a 2ft squared would be the average size but u can go bigger (no smaller for an adult)

I would not recomend an aquarium as they loose heat easily and lids are not escape proof.
A wooden "box" chest or whatever you call it is the best option with hinged doors. Sliding doors can work well too but be careful if you have a small snake.
goodluck

this is just a personal thing but I prefer front opening to top opening because as a general rule in the wild preditors come at them from above and I am not a predtor I am a friend, I am one with the snake. :p
just a personal prefrence

With a hatchling childrens, a good sized criter cage with hide, water bowl and branch on a heat mat will do you for at least a year, and give you plenty of time to decide on what permanent housing you think would work best for you. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back