Cleaning products

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
F10 is best so far that i have used. very cheap and not toxic to animals or humans.

you can purchase from herpshop.

Even if you use so called "natural" products they are still chemicals. Some of the most interesting "natural": chemical compounds around are snake venoms but I would not recommend rubbing them into wounds.

Something like Repti-Kleen is used in much the same form in the food industry which is why the Herp Shop decided to carry it.

The things you need to look at are:

1. Its toxicity on what pathogens and microbes you are trying to irradicate/kill
  2. Residue that might be left after it has done its job
  3. etc.
To me, 'natural" does not come into it. Chug a glass of tea tree oil, a completely natural product, and see if you wake up the next day.

To me it is all about points 1 & 2 above and Repti-Kleen and F10 do this in spades. Obviously others might also.

i have tried both , household products (bleach and water etc) and repti clean. but personally i prefer the repticlean because you dont need to muck around getting stuff together you just grab the bottle and spray, however i do make sure its well cleaned of and aired first before i use whatever i cleaned.
and for the 'natural' thing , it dont matter about the naural things because a snake in a man made enviroment is as un-natural as you can get, but i guess everyone has their ideas and opinoins.

i use repti clean from the herp shop.. i did use bleach and water but found the fumes to strong.Repti clean seems to have no smell and it also seems to rid the cages of the smell from snake wee better than the bleach without any overpowering fumes.

i use dettol. squirt with a squirty bottle, leave for 10 mins, rinse off. especially good for water bowls etc, but i do the whole tank with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back