Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The retic in that video is around 6metres probably a female from Sulawesi going by the size and colour and is in very very good condition for a wild retic
It is virtually impossible for one man to 'grab her properly and deal with it'
Wild retics of that size can spring your ribs while only trying to get away
To move them we use a minimum of a five man crew
This ensures both the health of the snake and the relocators
Their power is absolutely unbelievable
I have never seen one attack like that
Usually they just try to get away

The green anaconda was a classic example of what usually happens
Notice that it never even tried to strike him
It is usually only if you restrain their heads that they try to bite

Yeah Longqi I meant I wanted to see the snake grab Stevens properly instead of catching his pants. As much as I love seeing these documentaries I would just like to see these crazy guys humbled a little every now and then so they calm down and stop agitating the snakes so badly all the time. Anyone seen the one where Brady Barr gets bitten on the *** by a small/medium size python? He screamed like a girl and I was in tears from laughing so hard (I hate him so much).

Torah if you are in Bali drop into the display
Ubud is pretty close to us
Just picked up a four metre retic from a restaurant there

Torah if you are in Bali drop into the display
Ubud is pretty close to us
Just picked up a four metre retic from a restaurant there

Out of curiosity, is that the Rimba Reptile park? I stumbled across that by accident last year while I was over there (the driver didn't say anything about snakes, just mentioned birds, so I mainly went to keep the wife happy, glad I did now). Absolutely jaw dropping some of the animals there.

This video is AMAZING. I am in the middle of it at the moment, so I don't know what happens the whole way through, but this HUGE retic let go of Austin Stevens just because its bottom jaw was hooked on his pants, he should have bought a lotto ticket.

[video=youtube;79fND0COYlA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79fND0COYlA&feature=related[/video]
He is a bloody idiot he wonders why he almost died. How dumb to you have to be to take on something that big by himself.

"Nailed by a giant snake", "I was pulling and pulling"; What a goose!!

Out of curiosity, is that the Rimba Reptile park? I stumbled across that by accident last year while I was over there (the driver didn't say anything about snakes, just mentioned birds, so I mainly went to keep the wife happy, glad I did now). Absolutely jaw dropping some of the animals there.

No Its not the reptile park
although I must admit they do have some wonderful reptiles there including Komodos etc and I highly recommend people to drop in there as they have lots we dont have

Our one is right in the heart of Kuta
Just a display where you play with chondros burmese and retics etc
Nothing too special but lots of fun

No Its not the reptile park
although I must admit they do have some wonderful reptiles there including Komodos etc and I highly recommend people to drop in there as they have lots we dont have

Our one is right in the heart of Kuta
Just a display where you play with chondros burmese and retics etc
Nothing too special but lots of fun

Thanks, if I've ever back there I'll look you guys up. Definitely recommend Rimba as well. I knew king cobras were big, but nothing quite compares to seeing one six inches away from your face (thankfully behind glass).

Yeah Longqi I meant I wanted to see the snake grab Stevens properly instead of catching his pants. As much as I love seeing these documentaries I would just like to see these crazy guys humbled a little every now and then so they calm down and stop agitating the snakes so badly all the time. Anyone seen the one where Brady Barr gets bitten on the *** by a small/medium size python? He screamed like a girl and I was in tears from laughing so hard (I hate him so much).

Brady getting his bottle ripped by the Retic in the cave, was priceless!!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

I think since the 90's, 12 people here in the U.S. have been killed by large constrictors. I am sure a large carpet could kill a child and a large scrub could kill a man.

Whew.i sometimes do think that the guys who jump on the backs of wild animals,grab huge snakes and wrestle them etc must have small ding a lings.so to make up for that lack of manhood they do the tuffest stuff they can think off.drive the big 4x4's,wear the cowboy boots or the rossi's,akubra in place..........crikey,he was the only one i respected and enjoyed learning from.

Whew.i sometimes do think that the guys who jump on the backs of wild animals,grab huge snakes and wrestle them etc must have small ding a lings.so to make up for that lack of manhood they do the tuffest stuff they can think off.drive the big 4x4's,wear the cowboy boots or the rossi's,akubra in place..........crikey,he was the only one i respected and enjoyed learning from.

In 99.99% of cases it has zero to do with bravery
It is stage managed stupidity arranged to make snakes etc look like dangerous animals
Any wild snake grabbed by the head will react as if it is being attacked by a predator
Notice that in almost every case all the snake does is try to escape???

Snakes are scared stiff of people because they know that we kill them
The same snake could probably be gently picked up
I have watched an older Indonesian man near Bandung pick up wild cobras in the jungle after talking to them first
Hes been a snake catcher all his life
He even stroked one for a while and gently kissed it under the chin
Anyone can kiss a cobra on top of the head because of their limited strike range
But this one was very very tolerant and it was something that I never expected to see even with a tame one
as it could have hit him at any time
He admitted afterwards that he normally doesnt do that but was just showing off for the bule [me]
I consider him to be a much braver man than these TV idiots because he removes dangerous snakes almost every day
under the most primitive of conditions and usually just with a piece of cloth over his hands so the touch of human skin doesnt freak the snakes out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back