Close up pics of a geko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjo

Reaction score
I bought myself a Cam Dig Microscope today and I thought I would post some pics I took with it, this geko was was about 75mm long.
And just for interest sake, is this a asian house geko?

View attachment 193508View attachment 193507View attachment 193506View attachment 193505View attachment 193504
pencil.png

Sorry for the incorrect spelling of Gecko.

Last edited:
cool pics , the asian house gecko's around here dont have any markings on them .

cheers nico

Yeap thats an Asian House Gecko Hemidactylus frenatus
A single specimen can go from having an obvious pattern like that to being a perfect pinky white within a few hours.

Btw, usually its easy to ID them by the fact they have claws on the inside toe (the native Dtellas which look very similar do not have a claw on that toe), but it seems to have suffered and injury and is missing the end portion of that toe

I would need my reading glasses to see if they have claws on the inside toes while catching them, up until now I haven't bothered with despatching them as I wasn't 100% positive on the ID, as they all seem to be differant colours around my place depending on where I find them.

that is in daylight colouration

It was caught at night time, so maybe the lights on the digital microscope brought up the daytime colouration???

Last edited:
They can still show day colours at night, its just more common for them to be pale at night and patterned during the day

Thanks for the replies, when I took the photos it was under some fairly bright LED lights which may have bought up the day colouring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back