Coastal Carpet Python Setup

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

football13

Reaction score
Hey guys ive pretty much finished my new coastal carpet python setup so i thought i might give you guys a run-down and double check i havent missed anything/could improve anything.
My tank is 900mm L x 450 W x 500 H. Im running the hot end at 30-35 degrees under a 100 W infra red bulb connected to a dimming thermostat mounted on top of the cage in a reflector. I have two hides, one at each end of the tank. Ive got thermometers set up on either side of the tank as well as an eco-friendly cat litter substrate which is made up of paper. i dont have any branches set up yet but they will come soon im just trying to find the right ones to fit as my tank isnt too high (500mm). Im hoping to get the python at a 3 months to a yearling. Two of my wall-mounted air vents have rusted a little but are still strong as ever. I dont know if this will pose a problem to the snakes health tho :s just me being paranoid i guess haha.
Any advice would be awesome thanks guys! :D

Last edited:
seems like u got it all setup right,i would clean the vents if i where you just give em a good scrub and everything should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back