Cockroaches in my click clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Titanic_Boa

Not so new Member
Reaction score
There’s been a few Cockroaches in my Murray Darlings click clack lately and I’m worried if this could be bad for her. I’m after any advice in how to keep them out or if it doesn’t really matter. I clean it 2 to 3 times a week

I am wondering how do they get in, are they really tiny roaches? I don't like the idea of roaches in a click-clack, little micro environments where germs etc can cause a problem quickly if left unchecked. roaches can be quite "germy" I believe?. I would also be worried at the prospect of the insect taking little nibbles at my snake.
I can't really suggest any ways on keeping them out without seeing your setup, you could paint a strip of "fluon" around the outside of the click-clack to stop bugs climbing in (herpshop sell it I think). Ultimately I would stop the roaches getting into your click-clack.

I am wondering how do they get in, are they really tiny roaches? I don't like the idea of roaches in a click-clack, little micro environments where germs etc can cause a problem quickly if left unchecked. roaches can be quite "germy" I believe?. I would also be worried at the prospect of the insect taking little nibbles at my snake.
I can't really suggest any ways on keeping them out without seeing your setup, you could paint a strip of "fluon" around the outside of the click-clack to stop bugs climbing in (herpshop sell it I think). Ultimately I would stop the roaches getting into your click-clack.

Yeah it's the small ones they crawl in through the air holes. That's a good idea i'll try the fluon or maybe i'll rap some duck tape around the bottem of the click clack sticky side out. Thanks marcmarc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back