Coconut husk shell as hide?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamond_newbie

Not so new Member
Reaction score
HI
im setting up a tub for a new yearling and I came across the husk of coconut shell, thought it might make a good hide. They are used for rodents so its been treated. My only concern was the natural dust on it, would this cause respiratory issues?
thanks
jojo x

maybe give it a a wash to get the dust off?
i don,t see a problem using it as a hide i used to use a coco-hut thingy for my marbled gecko to hide in

and the price !!!! about $10 when I looked a few weeks ago when shopping with my FNQ mother ,she was disgusted and now wants to ship old coconuts and beach shells to Sydney for me to sell to petshops in Sydney

You can still get it. I also recently brought 4 kg of A grade kava back from Fiji.

you lucky bugger!!!, my mother tried bringing some back but was told she couldnt!!!, on another note for the use of hides you could use small cereal boxes, milk cartons cut in half they dont look as nice but they do the job, a mate of mine made some out of plastic containers cut out a hole and then painted them

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back