coloured party lights for heating???????

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
craig.a.c said:
Thanks for all the replies.

I have got a ceramic heat bulb in the enclosure now, but the temp. drops below 20.c at night. I think I will just fork out extra cash for the infra red lights tommorrow.

I couldn't find any party lights over 40watts, and even they did not have a screw base, all bayonet.

Thanks again everyone. :)
Craig.a.c

At a pinch you can use any light. Your serpent will cope better than you with white lights going on and off with the temperature.

I would be surprised if you found coloured party globes much above 40 watts. The "paint" used to colour them tends to reflect heat (and light other than the colour of the globe) back towards the filament which can reduce its life as the wattage increases.

Another trick those who use party globes for heating sometimes use is to use a dimmer to reduce output of the globes. This can dramatically increase the life of the globe and increased the "on time" of the duty cycle. With a dimmer set correctly the light for heating can be on most of the time.

For those who think that this is beyond the scope of the question and did not think this post worth reading... then you should not be reading this line either ;-P (there should be a smillie with its tongue poking out ;-)

;-P (there should be a smillie with its tongue poking out .............

There is! In my album, just take them mate!

ha Ramsayi you get them from work, if anyone is interested let me know and i will get more details and i use the ones that they gave me for samples but i can get them but they come boxes of 100, so that there would have to be worthwhile me getting work to buy them im. they are hpm brand, they are not par38 they are R80 they are ES fitting. they do not come in BC or anyother watage.

If a ceramic is not coping, I can't see a light globe coping any better. It's all about the wattage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back