Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spottedpython

Reaction score
which bearded dragon has the lighter colour the eastern bearded dragon or the central bearded dragon. and can people put up pics of there bearded dragons please.

they also can change colour very well. when mine is angry its grey and when its asleep it is a lite yellow colour. during the day it can be anywhere inbetween

Spotted Python, normally the answer would be Central Beardeds are far lighter than Eastern Beardeds. But as always there are a few excemptions.

nice pics. how scarey would they look if they were the same size as a croc. waaa that would b scarey.

Fuscus,

Nice pics mate. However are you sure number 2 is a Central. The reason I ask is that I have never seen a Central Bearded with a yellow mouth. That is normally the trait of a Eastern Bearded. :?

Bigguy,
No I am not 100% but I usually ID P. vitticeps as having the orange eye makeup. I was in central NSW running up the darling towards Bourke when I shot that animal, it is a wild animal and aside from the photo I didn't disturb it . According to Wilson and Swan both species are in that area.

Fuscus

I have heard they intergade in the areas they meet. It may have been a intergrade or a very pretty Eastern.

I have found that vitticeps have pinkish mouths, whilst Easterns have a bright yellow mouth like the one in your picture. I always tell people that is the easiest way to identify the 2 species.

I saw some really beautiful eastern beardies at the end of last year, bright yellow and orange ones. Unfortunately they were road kills, one was full of eggs :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back