Coming out of the Closet

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

olivehydra

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hello all,
I'm sure there are others out there, but are too scared to come out, but I will give it a go..... just placed my order for my first GTP YAY :D Not long to go till I get my yellow worm :wink: I will post plenty of pics(when I get him/her) until people say they are sick of them.

OMG, really.... soooo jealous right now. Please post up lots of pics for us poor (in both meanings of the word) who are not able to even think about owning a GTP in the seeable future.
Congratulations!

Are you in Sydney Olivehydra? I am with you (having placed an order) but I am a bit scared of my ability to raise a new born. I know they manage to do them in the thousands in America so I guess with a lot of love and attention we shouldn't have any problems. We also need our own register so we can meet up and breed in a few years. Perhaps the GTP Secret Herp Society.

Further to my last, I also think that more orders have been placed than eggs to hatch so maybe we will miss out....

If you don't mind sharing - from whom did you order it/them from?

Did you buy 1 or 2 (or ??) ?

Do you know the sex(es) ?

(P.S. I have no problem if you do not wish to share this information.)

Congrats Dorian & Peter! Can't wait to see piccies! :D That's sooooo exciting...wait, why am I excited! I'm not getting one dammit! :lol:

Hello Peter,
Yep in Sydney so it will be good having a "local" gtp newbie to share ideas with :wink: Havent heard about orders outweighing eggs?? Im getting my import permit so hope not.
Herptrader, I dont mind the questions, order placed with Tim at URS for one only. He is not sexing them which I tend to agree with, so it is a luckydip regarding the sex.
Cheers,

OuZo said:
Congrats Dorian & Peter! Can't wait to see piccies! :D That's sooooo exciting...wait, why am I excited! I'm not getting one dammit! :lol:

Thanks Zoe,
If I get bored with it, we can do the same deal as with the Baby? :wink:

olivehydra said:
Herptrader, I dont mind the questions, order placed with Tim at URS for one only. He is not sexing them which I tend to agree with, so it is a luckydip regarding the sex.
Cheers,

Thanks. I think Tim will sell out before Roy gets too many more orders.

On the sexing thing Maxwell's book goes to great lengths to say that they should not be sexed until they are of a year in age because of how brittle their tails are when they are young - This is why I was asking.

I remember my first GTP hatchling expereience. Three of them turned up in banana boxes at the local supermarket i worked at. Finches or finch rubs make the fussy eaters eat well. Well done for taking the plunge. In years to come you will be providing GTP to another generation of hobbyists and that needs to be commended. There are some good reads out there now, you will have no dramas and i am sure Tim will help out with any questions.

herptrader said:
olivehydra said:
Cheers,

Thanks. I think Tim will sell out before Roy gets too many more orders.

On the sexing thing Maxwell's book goes to great lengths to say that they should not be sexed until they are of a year in age because of how brittle their tails are when they are young - This is why I was asking.

Yeah I think Tim would be running low already (one left according to website).

well al i can say is congrata and i think it is great that you are telling us, i cant wieght to see the pics guys, if you are lucky you two may end up with a pair between you both good luck and congrats.

Congratulations to all!
Don't be too afraid...there are a lot of believes aroud them, not always true at all!
If you feel too anxious you can ask something here, I'd be happy to give you an hand.
Sexing GTP before a year of age is NOT a good thing at all: they are too delicate and with the pressure of the probes (probing) or the fingers (popping) you can easily damage its spinal cord...have you ever listened to the "Kinking tail"? Well...just wait to see how to name it....LOL!

Cheers and congrats

Stefano

Thanks Zoe,
If I get bored with it, we can do the same deal as with the Baby? ;)

DEAL!!!

Come on, get bored....bored yet??? Huh? Huh? Bored??? :lol: :wink:

The Baby's having the usual week in hiding that they like to have when in a new home. Once she starts coming out it's happy snap and aps thread time lol :lol:

How bout now? Bored? :D :wink:

Hi Guys (and gals)

I have definitely been told that there are more orders than snakes. If you want one of these babies ya better get in quick. And then no guarantees.

peterjohnson64 said:
Hi Guys (and gals)

I have definitely been told that there are more orders than snakes. If you want one of these babies ya better get in quick. And then no guarantees.

Who are you dealing with Peter? Cheers

Stuart in Sydney. I know Tim has one left but I am going on holidays in January and don't want to get one before I go on holidays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back