Coming out to say hello...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very cool! I think you have a very pretty python. My woma does the same thing when I open his enclosure to put him on the lawn. He's got it figured out :)

u7e5a7u4.jpg

Thank you, your woma is very nice as well.
My one in the picture is an odd one. Sometimes when he wants to come out, he roams about for ages. Other times he heads straight for his favourite hidy spot and that's him until I put him back.

Where is his fave hidey spot?

Well the snakes are kept in the study, where my partner and I work. We have a desk each and under Kiri's desk, beneath one of the compartment is a largish space. That is his hidy spot.

That's cute :) I usually get Steve out when I'm studying or watching TV and he makes a beeline for the corner of the lounge to try and get underneath the recliner. He managed to once the first night I got him - that was interesting! I had to sit very still while my partner had the flashlight trying to encourage him to let go from underneath.

I know this may be a stupid question, but is that just a normal coastal or what? If so its a very sexy one :p

I know this may be a stupid question, but is that just a normal coastal or what? If so its a very sexy one :p

Hi Tristan,

Thanks for the nice compliment.

He's mum was a coastal and his dad a jungle. Although he looks the exact same as his mum.

Oh wow, what an awesome snake... I took a closer look and it started to look like my coastal x diamond... :L

Well I am an old prawn boat decky...A big part of that job was to keep the boat CLEAN and tidy.

Ooh cement, you seem slightly hypocritical and really should practice what you preach. You want the world to see real peace and yet you post on my thread, posting how you like to keep things real CLEAN. What's your motivation buddy? Why bother?

According to Nick Mutton and Justin Julander, there is no genetic difference between coastals and jungles, the only difference is local adaptations. Therefore in my opinion, my snake has the best of both worlds.

Just for your information, I also like to keep things the way they should be. I purchased the snake in question in good faith as a coastal, but upon investigating its background, I discovered its true origins. Now just because it's not what I bought it as, does not mean I should sell it on. Some might but since I only bought it as a pet, it's going nowhere.

Last edited:
Ooh cement, you seem slightly hypocritical and really should practice what you preach. You want the world to see real peace and yet you post on my thread, posting how you like to keep things real CLEAN. What's your motivation buddy? Why bother?

According to Nick Mutton and Justin Julander, there is no genetic difference between coastals and jungles, the only difference is local adaptations. Therefore in my opinion, my snake has the best of both worlds.

Just for your information, I also like to keep things the way they should be. I purchased the snake in question in good faith as a coastal, but upon investigating its background, I discovered its true origins. Now just because it's not what I bought it as, does not mean I should sell it on. Some might but since I only bought it as a pet, it's going nowhere.

Did I miss something? Lol.

Haha! Hopefully you'll get motivated to clean your enclosure.

Haha! Hopefully you'll get motivated to clean your enclosure.

O dear, my sincere apologies! I thought you were a purest ripping my snake. I'll just grab my coat....
You'll be pleased to know cement, that the enclosure was cleaned that very day. As soon as the snake bypassed me and headed into the room, the enclosure got cleaned.

Again, sorry mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back