Common or half yellow phase

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Evolution

Reaction score
Hey guys and girls
got this off a guy from work and he says it is a half yellow phase
i thought it just looks like a common central beardie

any help with the I.D would be good
image.jpgimage.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 130
Ok, let me have a crack at explaining this. This is a Central Bearded Dragon; there are no sub-species. If the previous owner has told you that this animal is a 'half yellow phase', then this simply means that one of it's parents was particularly yellow. You can see for yourself well enough how colourful your dragon is, but you might also be interested to know that your animal may be likely to produce offspring that are well...more yellow based on it's genetics. Hope that helps. Your dragon looks very nice, and is obviously well fed.

Sorry if I offended just a lighthearted comment on the animal obviously being well fed

Sorry if I offended just a lighthearted comment on the animal obviously being well fed

i dont think it was that you offended anyone, but that this is in the reptile id section, and is a serious section, not a place to make jokes :D. thats why so many comments are being deleted.

the dragon will change colour so what you see in the enclosure one day might look dull but once a shed happens or if she gets sunlight she will colour up. It is amazing to see how much they can vary but your dragon looks great!

Thank you all for the I'd, info & jokes
it has helped a lot
and I did not take offence to the homer joke
she is well fed, she just likes her veggies ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back