Common Tree Snake and Brown Tree Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snakeluvver2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey
Just wondering what problems with feeding do people have with these guys.
I always hear that their hard to feed, but don't actually know what is hard about it
and how to solve it.

Any light on this would be nice

They usually feed on frogs, fish, lizards, & small birds etc... I think the problem is just getting them to like eating mice, because the other food sources are harder to get. Some will take to pinkies without problems and others will need them to be sented or force fed.

Other then that I've heard nothing but good things about them if you get a captive bred ones.

you can also feed them small fish if you want just make it a really deep water dish and put small hard fish in there like platties, guppies, gold fish ect. this is what i have heard anyway.

i imagine the main reson people get them onto rats is because it would be harder to find fish large enough for an adult.

How large would a fish have to be for an adult?

Also how do you force feed a snake ?

i wish ppl would stop saiying to force feed snakes you should never try it unless u have a lot of expireance with reptiles u can kill them and would u like some one shouving some thing down ur throut. i have done it i thout my snake was going to die it was so scary and if it died i would have ben so angry at my self and force feeding just makes it worse i would saiy to feed them sort of snakes u would need to start them of on little lizards al baby and adolt snakes eat lizards.i have feed lizards of before and it works my new hatchling childrens did it his/her first 4 feeds were garden skinks his 5 feed was a sented pinky mouce then i did't feed him/her for three weeks i went away then wen i got back he ate a pinky mouce strate away not these were all defroted now his still eating pinky mice he just shead so soon i will try him/her on fuzzy mice

ok
That seriously took me five times to even comprehend what you were saying mate.
Make use of all the keys on the keyboard...even the ones with dots and dashes.

But thanks as well
:)

ok

But thanks as well

i wish ppl would stop saiying to force feed snakes you should never try it unless u have a lot of expireance with reptiles u can kill them and would u like some one shouving some thing down ur throut. i have done it i thout my snake was going to die it was so scary and if it died i would have ben so angry at my self and force feeding just makes it worse i would saiy to feed them sort of snakes u would need to start them of on little lizards al baby and adolt snakes eat lizards.i have feed lizards of before and it works my new hatchling childrens did it his/her first 4 feeds were garden skinks his 5 feed was a sented pinky mouce then i did't feed him/her for three weeks i went away then wen i got back he ate a pinky mouce strate away not these were all defroted now his still eating pinky mice he just shead so soon i will try him/her on fuzzy mice
Feeding on lizards would be an issue in NSW, but im sure scenting could work
my mate that keeps them gets them eating by scenting, he also feeds them the odd goldfish

How large would a fish have to be for an adult?

Also how do you force feed a snake ?
Force feeding is extremely stressful and dangerous to the snake, especially in the hands of a beginner
I would suggest if its needed then u employ the help of someone experienced and only use it as a last resort if the snake is dying

ok

But thanks as well

yer sory mate im not rell good with puting things to gether or spelling:D

Brown Tree Snakes are significantly easier than Green Tree Snakes, although they are both very difficult as hatchlings. Green Tree's will often take fish, which can then be used to scent pinkies and away you go. Brown Tree's seem to prefer skink-scented pinkies but fish can also work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back