Common Tree Snake Enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Naga_Kanya

Reaction score
I'm designing a new enclosure for my CTS (and hopefully a girlfriend), and having had a trawl through the archives I've found a couple of photos of other people's enclosures which have been really cool and different from what I've normally seen them kept in. I know a few of you on here do keep and/or breed them, and was wondering if you'd mind posting photos of your enclosures, and sharing some tips about what's worked best or hasn't worked at all, so I can give mine the best environment possible. I'm building from scratch, so the sky's pretty much the limit; I just want him to be as happy and healthy as possible. He's a gold phase from NT; I understand they have slightly different humidity requirements from the other colours (although I'd like to get blues as well and would be building them a set-up also, so advice there also welcome). Thanks in advance!

Sorry about the double posting guys - I posted the last one at work and the work computer said there'd been an error and it hadn't posted, so I made this one, then found the other one had posted after all. I can't find a "delete" option, or I would have. Would still love enclosure info from anyone inclined to help.:)

Last edited:
photo-39.jpg

this one is actually for a GTP and a turtle but would worl equally well for a CTS

it's a separate dwarf beardie enclosure. Housing GTP's and turtles is ok under the right circumstances there are a lot of different factors but it ultimately comes down to the individual animals. Worse that could happen is that the turtle could take a nip at the snakes tail

this one is actually for a GTP and a turtle but would worl equally well for a CTS

Wow, that's gorgeous. Thanks so much for responding; I finally gave up and spent 3.5 hours trawling through every post with a C/GTS theme.:) I did find some pretty cool stuff, admittedly. That's a great enclosure, and I love the little mini tank at the top. I'm definitely going to make something tall; now all that remains is to try to work out the best way to include water in the design, as far as how much, ease of cleaning, etc. I've seen a couple of variations that were really aquatic, and I'm wondering how much they actually use the water aside from hunting in it. At the moment he's been doing well in his temporary accommodation with an x-large Exo-Terra dish, which is deep enough to keep fish alive in comfortably for a few days. But if they spend time swimming like Keelbacks, I'd like to let him.

Anyway, thanks again - much appreciated. Your work's great!

That is a great enclosure, its got me thinking as we have so many fish tanks and turtle tanks. Got a great tv cabinet that I was going to sell but might see if I can convert it with a fishtank as well. Maybe.

i saw one of these at a breeders place when i picked up my costal carpet from him.. bloody stunning snakes arnt they....... I WANT ONE.

They're beautiful, and lovely to have around; so fast a curious. Mine's never stunk at me, but I suspect it's not as bad as it's made out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back