Concerns for new blue-tongue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LadyJ

After happily recieving a new blotched blue-tongue from a member here following Arby's passing I've noticed some worrying signs... however, vet trips cost money. Lots of money. Money that is in dire shortage after purchasing the set-up for the new addition.

But getting to my point... the large bluey has somewhat jerky movements when he walks, twitching of his head and limbs when at rest and the most worrying... a rubber-like jaw. He still manages to eat and his bowel movements are fine, but I can't help but stress after the passing of not just a lizard (as my family insists on calling 'them'...) but an animal that had taught me so many things.

I can't help but ponder the possiblity of MBD (explains the twitches and rubber-jaw) and it breaks my heart now to even consider losing another, especially so soon after Arby's passing...

What I'm asking though is, am I over-reacting? I honestly cannot afford treatment from the vet (a check-up is booked however... despite the fact a weeks wages come and go so fast), but am willing to sell anything to get treatment if need be. Do you think the signs warrant even a check-up?

Can anyone suggest anything at all I can do to help? He is under a new UVB light, kept toasty warm and being supplemented with an unknown brand and quality of calcium powder (given to me when I purchased my bearded in a plastic bag, not sure of brand or best-before)...

I do plan on purchasing some new supplements but I'm not sure about the vet check-up... I've got it booked in for Monday but I'm not sure if I'm rushing into things.

Well... sorry for the novel but I'm overly distraught and it's wearing me thin, what can I do for the blue-tongue? Should I cancel the check-up and wait a little longer to see if it improves?

All I care about is what's right for the animal... I've no shortage of love but money on the other hand... I'm so lost.

Last edited by a moderator:
the rubber jaw duz sound like MBD, did u ask the seller what setup they had ?
what vet is it booked in at ? [ pm me if u dont want to say here]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back