Cool Callout

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake Catcher Victoria

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Always good to get called out to a python in Melbourne and this factory in Dandenong was fun today.
The wooden pallets had come from Queensland and this guy may have hitched a ride. He is in such good condition, no scars or battle wounds,fat and apparently free of any parasites, which makes me think it may be someones pet.
Anyway
Got a few pics while I was there.
Ill contact DSE on Monday and let them work it out.

View attachment 214549 View attachment 214550 The guys wanted to feel the weight of the snake,lol

Attachments

• fhgyiy.jpg
    fhgyiy.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 262
  • ;piojipou.jpg
    ;piojipou.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 226
  • fgjy.jpg
    fgjy.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 216
  • vnjgjy.jpg
    vnjgjy.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 244
  • yku.jpg
    yku.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 249
  • ulul.jpg
    ulul.jpg
    264.8 KB · Views: 458
  • fchht.jpg
    fchht.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 329
Last edited:
He was ok, he did bite 3 times on the stomach and once on my armpit.
Would have been funny if i was wearing gloves, (not that there is anything wrong with that)
Hope he finds his way home.
Oh yeah and he crapped on me twice..

Be a neat story if he is someones pet. Could you imagine telling visitors about the time your coastal went on holiday to Vic without you? Prat didn't even bring me back a crappy t-shirt...

So where is that safety harness it says to wear? :p

Attachments

• ulul.jpg
    ulul.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 757
So where is that safety harness it says to wear? :p

True thought the same having been tortured by OHS through my career. Fines are way up there for the Co. Then the Co can pass the fine down to the driver of the vehicle/cheery picker/forklift etc.

Nice healthy looking python.

It didnt come with a safety harness, just the sign, and the saturday skeleton crew that was there never even gave me a hardhat,
A harness would have stopped me from leaning over the rail to reach the snake anyway, lol.

Sounds familiar, Baz:). Only mine was a Scrubbie! If DSE are in doubt of it's origins, I found fecal floats can be useful as a good vet should be able to determine captive status (or otherwise) from the extent of infestation and species present. At least that's how it worked in both my cases. I also had a Carpet that was in excellent nick and I assumed was captive bred turn out to be chockers with a particular type of nematode not found in the Northern Tablelands.

Ill do that monday when I take it to see i it has a chip, i could do a fecal float here tonight but Shane has got a great microscope at the surgery at Karingal...and he knows what he is looking for better than me, lol.
Youre probably right about it being wild Marc but just biting and crapping on me dosnt necasarily mean it is wild.
I have found escaped pets that have treated me the same.

DSE just picked it up and Tom Thuys said that because the snake was healthy and of a good temperment (didnt bite at all today)..They will assess it and hopeully it will end up at Lost Herps Home in the care of Michael Alexander.
I also took it to the vet this morning and it didnt have a microchip and the fecal float showed no evidence of worms or parasite infestation.
Fingers xed we will see it at a VHS auction in the future.

i had no idea you could get snakes chipped....how much does it set you back? and what is this VHS auctino...sounds like somethign i would like lol

Youcan get snakes chipped and if youre in the Melbourne area on the the 21st of September you can come to the VHS meeting where the auction is held.
This is at the Prahan RSL on High St
No garuntees there willl be animals there but there usually is someone interesting talking..
David Kirshner this time.
And pizza

Good news,

the DSE gave the python too LRH

and if you are at the vhs meeting on Wednesday

you will be able to bid on it in the auction..

[video=youtube;rvCNqnF7fgs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvCNqnF7fgs[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back