corn snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djfreshy

Reaction score
hey guys i read in a sydney newspaper that corn snakes are now considered a pest in the Hawkesbury and Blue Mountains area!! How did they get there in the first place??

Because people that kept them didn't want them anymore and released them into the wild.

See Corn snakes are BAD!!

I live in the Blue Mountains & thats the first iv'e heard of them:) Which paper whas it in?

grr i hate stuff like this i wish exotics where alowed but i also wouldnt want em getting out even though i reckon if they where legal then peoeple wouldnt release them when they got sick of em theyed sell em or somin if they could

grr i hate stuff like this i wish exotics where alowed but i also wouldnt want em getting out even though i reckon if they where legal then peoeple wouldnt release them when they got sick of em theyed sell em or somin if they could

Yeah just like no one releases pet turtles or bluies when there sick of them.

it will turn out exactly like the Red Eared Slider Problem up here. Now becouse of stupid people the poor snakes will have to be put down once there captured. DAMMMMMM lol.

re corn

Dont know of any one catching corn snakes around hawkesbury,more concerned with exotics like coastal carpets.

I heard there was a little population of cornies in the Belrose area of Sydney.

i have heard rumors bout them in the hunter but didnt notice it in any paper. do you have a link to the article?
the next will be the veiled chameleon, followed by the red tail boa!! (or the other way around)
i guy i spoke to the other day actually works for npws and he tole me 'npws and the liscencing system is a joke and that they really dont care!!' i reckon we have known that for a long time but its sad to be hearing it from an employer of npws!

the snake catcher dude at hawkesbury herps said he finds corn snakes alot but he hands em in to b put down :(

i know someone who has, or had a pet corn or 2, did say they got rid of them but would trust a word they say

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back