Could my female diamond python be gravid

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most snakes go of there food when they are gravid that's what i have heard.
My female woma went of her food

One of my females also went off her food again over winter, and she's never been paired wth a mail. Not eating is no solid indication of her being gravid at all

There is a good chance mate have a read of the diamond python section in keeping and breeding Australian pythons that will tell you what to do and what you need but deffs get a incubator going Diamonds are known to lay 3 to 4 weeks after there pre-lay shed i would be putting in a nesting box a few days before it reaches the 3 week mark just in case.
Caleb.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah i understand that two that lots of pythons go off there food over winter some of mine do it to but knowing that the female has been housed with several males and is looking fat and has just shed and is of her food is a good sign.

She is also coiling up a fair bit , seems to be very agitated if you attempt to pick her up etc

What has she been like? has she been getting the heat then curling up and do you mean like when you go to touch her or pick her up she is jumpy?

Caleb.

She is coiling up near the heat and is very touchy when you go to touch her.

Could very well be gravid mate, in the last few weeks with my female woma all she was doing was getting heat and curling up in her hide and was very touchy to touch she also didn't eat well make sure you have the date that she shed and count down from there mate anywhere between 3 to 4 weeks she could lay if she is gravid and if that was her pre-lay shed, i would be putting in a nest box a few days before the 3 week mark and just keep a close eye on her the next sign that she should show will be laying belly up have a read of keeping a breeding Australian pythons that will tell you everything :)

Caleb,

Thanks caleb appreciate all of your help and advice

- - - Updated - - -

I also read that in some pythons , if there back end is swollen ( like when that are about to go to the toilet ( which hers is ) that can also be an indication , does this apply for diamond pythons ?

if she is im sure youll make a profit from buying her.
bugger if they turned out to be coastal X diamond haha.
best of luck
liam

Still refusing feed , curling up and seeking heat allot , looks like small bumps down lower mid section but not very obvious

Did the previous owner witness any mating? It's certainly possible she's gravid, I have diamonds that lay eggs in October and this year I have a female that should lay around Xmas. If she's not interested in food that could be a sign. She will also become restless after pre-lay, pace the enclosure and seek more heat than usual. Just keep an eye on her and have a nest box ready around day 17 after the pre-lay just in case.

She was in an avairy and no mating was witnessed. I don't think she looks gravid but is displaying all of the signs.. Is it possible that she could be gravid without looking like she is holding eggs? My partner and I both think we can see bumps but they are quite faint

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back