Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AustHerps

Reaction score
Had him out for cleaning, camera was nearby. This one was bred by Shane Black.

Yearling Oxyuranus microlepidotus

Omicro5.jpg

Omicro4.jpg

Omicro3.jpg

Omicro2.jpg

Omicro1.jpg

Enjoy!

Cheers,
Austy.

I got my jungle carpet from Shane, he's a good bloke.

Beautiful snake :)

Nice photos, he looks ****ed...

He did a lot of bluff striking, but wasn't all that interested. Fired up whenever the flash went off through; apart from that, he's usually pretty calm.

Baz, he's the same one that prolapsed. Has shown no sign of doing it again, and is eating and defacating as normal.

Cheers,
Austy.

Very nice!!
It's photos like these that make me understand the appeal of venomous snakes.
Gorgeous photos and snake.. (as per usual) :p

He's SHINY because he shed last night :D Thanks ppl

Cheers,
Austy.

Great pics, he does look a little cranky though.
I just read on wikipedia that although this species is considered the most venomous in the world, there are no recorded fatalities. I find that incredible.

watch yourself though bud!

Great pics, he does look a little cranky though.
I just read on wikipedia that although this species is considered the most venomous in the world, there are no recorded fatalities. I find that incredible.

watch yourself though bud!

According to the LD50 it is the most toxic land snake on earth.
The lack of fatalities can be put down to the rarity of the animal in the wild and due to the places it likes to inhabit, there is very little interaction with people.

Still, incredibly sexy critters.

A shot of my little male

Elapid68, that is one nice photo!!

They are formidable creatures... very sleek. There's something about that 'growling' face they do, when they're so damn angry that their entire face contorts that's somewhat scary!

My two only get into this 'not happy Jan' mode when they're being photographed (they don't like the flash!) or when they're in shed. Otherwise, they seem to be always alert, but at the same time, not nervous. One thing that I've noticed is that they're different than browns in that they seem confident. I.e. they hold their ground, and, when I walk near their homes, they huff and puff and make their presence known - whereas the browns seem to puff their chests out and it's quite clear that they're nervous as all *******.

Cheers,
Austy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back