Crap Herping (but a few pics any way)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Well wasted my night driving all the way to Conondale last night to find 1 Small Eyed, and a Southern Spotted Velvet Gecko. I could have gone 10 mins up the road for that!
Trying to think of a few factors that may have caused everything to stay in last night, these roads normally produce a few species, one road in particular we saw 1 toad and that's it! Normally covered with the things.

Any way, here's a few snaps.

Oedura tryoni

Picture004.jpg

Picture012.jpg

Picture015.jpg

Bit disappointed at how these turned out, had these sticks in the way!
Cryptophis nigrescens
Picture047.jpg

Picture049-1.jpg

Picture057.jpg

This is from a different night, Dad decided to come along and have a look, while I was looking around for some frogs to photograph at a pond, Dad spotted this Green tree Snake chilling up a tree, didn't appear to be active or interested in the frogs sharing it's tree.
Must have been asleep?

As I started to climb the small tree for some photo's, he started to move around, these were the best I could get unfortunately.

Dendrelaphis punctulata
Picture033.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture038.jpg

And a few peroni shots, one of my favourite frogs.
Picture024-1.jpg

Picture025-1.jpg

You saw more snakes that night then I have in my life.

So it can't be that crap ;)

I'm pretty sure what you called the Dendrelaphis punctulata is actually a green mamba. Very dangerous, stay away!

Good Idea. Have one for me:)

I'll have seven for you, one for each letter of your name and one for the mamba. Then i'll post some pics of what i'm wearing.

They are great pics and yes i do know it is a Dendrelaphis punctulata.

I'll have seven for you, one for each letter of your name and one for the mamba. Then i'll post some pics of what i'm wearing.

They are great pics and yes i do know it is a Dendrelaphis punctulata.

Haha, sounds good, whats the time up there?
Pics sound interesting, well you have to or it obviously didn't happen.

Really nice pics mate. Good job. I wish my "bad" night were like yours. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back