Croc trophy hunts

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That sucks!!! I hope they keep the ban. Notice they mention "man-eating reptiles". It sounds like a ploy to make people care less. If its not cuddly and soft it doesnt matter in the media's opinion. I still dont know why people enjoy hunting animals. It doesnt make you any stronger or superior. If they wanna go ahead with this stupid plan then the hunters should be allowed no weapons whatsoever, then itd be a fair fight.

Cheers, Jay

ABC has more
http://news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,8370622%5E421,00.html

Its not really hunting, the guy is transported to the spot, someone points at the animal, the hunter shots (and there are backup marksman) then is taken back for 10 oclock drinkies happy that he has made the world safer.
Still, if the animal is going to be culled anyway ....

Ow ok. I thought they got to go out and freely shoot at whichever long croc they wanted to.

Tasmanian Tiger, crocs,[........?]............etc etc :cry: first its 600 crocs per year, then its so well regarded that its a tourism bringer, then the numbers go up,["because culling is nessesary"] then its endangered,...........then.........well, you know how it goes.

what is the point of shooting them .....none....bloody red necks

Humans kill more innocent lives than animals put together letalone reptiles,should we go around with guns kulling all the big humans.(I reckon we kull the ppl who carry on with this crap).
This really s*#ts me.
As Marc said what is the point in shooting them???
Halfwit red-neck wankers.

should we go around with guns kulling all the big humans
It wouldn't hurt to weed out a few of the dumb ones.
(I've seen too many episodes of Jerry Springer.)

Ppl don't like roos being culled either but it has to be done.

The whole idea of this plan is to make a bit of money out of something that is already happening. Currently the NT govt shoots up to 600 crocs a year. The plan is simply to allow rich people to pay a few thou to shoot 25 of these 600 crocs instead of paying rangers to do it. They are NOT increasing the numbers to be shot each year. Unfortunately, animals die and we humans cause lots and lots of animal deaths each day. And don't tell me it's the money you object to cause every cow, sheep, goat and chook who ends up at a butcher or supermarket died to make someone some money.

Well I totally agree with Maggie on this one. Don't get me wrong, I am normally against all kinds of animal killing but this really doesn't seem to be such a big deal to me when you consider these animals are being culled anyway.

Id pay to join a politician cull. how bout 6oo high security crims per year? 6oo junkies? where do i sign?

I think that people who handle this, do know better then we here on APS. Dark ages when people hunted species to distingstion here in australia are long time gone.
I would trust judgement of experts on this one. Hunters should be curefull to make sure that steve is not sitting on that crock they are about to shoot . :lol:

Oh, slatey - you said the S word.

I also think I should clarify where I stand on this issue as it might be a bit hard to work out from my previous posts. If the animals are going to be culled anyhow then there is no real difference who does it as long as it is done clean. And if the local community benifits then so much the better. THe same model is currently used in parts of Africa to control animals.

I still think very little about the people who kill animals for pure sport, hunting and eating the catch is acceptable to me ( even in a non survial situation) but spending heaps to go to some remote part of the world and then shooting an animal that then sinks does not strike me as sane.

LOL, slatey. Extinctions themselves however are still very much going on, slowly but surely. hunting isnt nessesary to do that. now its land clearing, deforestation, habitat destruction. Imo there is little enough room for wild crocs inthe natural world, what with humans, boating, swimming , p*ssing around in and polluting waterways, without "culling" aswell. People "trusted the judgement of experts" before. This is how we got cane toads. "experts" dont always know best. Leave the natural world alone please. :D

I know all that watso. We are talking about shooting here. Population number control by humen.
I do not understand what the cane toads have to do with it, that is different story all together. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back