Culling Camels

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wouldnt the hundreds of cows we have here produce as much, if not more, methane then camels? so should we go around and shot all the cows while were at it?

wouldnt the hundreds of cows we have here produce as much, if not more, methane then camels? so should we go around and shot all the cows while were at it?
''

Not just cows but agriculture in general.

Anyway - we're trying to kill the cows and we're disposing of their bodies thoughtfully, on the BBQ. It just appears there's too many tasty tasty cows.... And they just keep reproducing more and more tasty offspring.

Never tried camel - I assume it's semi palatable.

I have an idea... We should release lions to control the camels!

''

Not just cows but agriculture in general.

Anyway - we're trying to kill the cows and we're disposing of their bodies thoughtfully, on the BBQ. It just appears there's too many tasty tasty cows.... And they just keep reproducing more and more tasty offspring.

Never tried camel - I assume it's semi palatable.

I have an idea... We should release lions to control the camels!

But only if we could train them to eat those truly obnoxious American tourists as well.

Indeed they would produce more, but at this stage, cows are producing a resource essential for human survival. Never fear though, some cow breed produce less methane than others and under particular management regimes produce less again, there are methodologies being developed along these lines too. Also methane capture off piggeries is being worked on.
It is a shame that cane toads/ carp/ indian myna etc dont produce methane so that we could get paid to remove them too!

Just start eating more roo and that will help immensely. Low methane production, very lean and high in iron. Its the ultimate meat if you ask me, hence why i enjoy it as often as possible :D

I always find it interesting that we can commit these sort of atrocities against animals under the banner of preservation and need but to cleanse the land of an unwanted group of humans that are seen by many to be wrecking our country is a hate crime or racism?
What do they do with the dead camels?

I find it interesting that you can't fathom the difference between animals and people.

Please, if you are genuine about your feelings, be the first to give up your home and return it to the ecosystem, give up all processed materials, medicine and your computer! It's not a hate crime if you start with yourself...

Just start eating more roo and that will help immensely. Low methane production, very lean and high in iron. Its the ultimate meat if you ask me, hence why i enjoy it as often as possible :D

Truth!

The local supermarket sells a line of kangaroo sausages that I first blanch in boiling water for a few moments and then place into a casserole dish and cover with Passata Di Pomodoro Rustica and mozzarella cheese. Bake in the oven until the sauce is bubbling and the cheese is beautifully molten.

Fabulous with a Shiraz and lots of crusty bread.

Was thinking that its almost a pity we couldnt find some way to put them on a ship amd send them over to areas currently suffering from famine, we already send some camels to the middle east to become beasts of burden, there are areas over there particulary in afghanistan where they are suffering through severe droughts and man people are facing starvation. A camel is a large animal with i can only imagine a pretty good a,ount of meat on it.

Comparing camels with whales? Big difference, whales are not introduced nor do they (at least to my understanding) cause severe environmental damage
The validity of their arguments is null the second someone said agriculture practices :rolleyes:
And yea they ARE eaten quite regularly in the middle eastern countries, why not here?
Free range protein source & environmental preservation? win-win
better start making out a big flame pit and a bucket of marinade

Id happily eat them but i have a regular supply of food here so they would not be of as much benefit to me as they would be to others

Yeah, imagine if Australia sent food for the hungry instead of soldiers, not that I know all that much about what's going on over there. It seems it would go a little futher :?

Dont know that it ould make that much difference, the area suffering at the moment is in a fairly peaceful part of afghanistan, sadlyx for them it will be a tough winter without adequate food, temps of 10 degrees in lower areas and down to the minuses in the higher altitudes.

Yeah, imagine if Australia sent food for the hungry instead of soldiers, not that I know all that much about what's going on over there. It seems it would go a little futher :?

actually pretty sure we have hungry people living just around the corner

I spent 2 weeks in the N.T. during july and the carcasses that are culled are used to make food for tour groups. I ate kangaroo steaks and camel sausages. YUM!

Too true, but the question is would they eat camel. Sme peole wont open their minds even if its the best thing for them. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back