cunnies with jackies?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke1

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey
i really want an outside avairy or pit! i have jackies and want to put them out side...and i really want cunnies! i was curious to know if i can keep the 2 together? and how big a pit or avairy would i need for about 8 reptiles? (4 of each)

any pics would be great (especially pits)

Cheers,

Luke

at the reptile park they keep them togeather so i guess it would be ok aslong as you have alot of branches and stuff for them to get up onto

If there is enough space, branches and hides i would give it a go. I would probably go for about 3x2m+ if you want to mix them. There is always going to be some risk mixing reptiles even of the same species. I would also use a fully enclosed avairy to prevent birds, cats, foxes etc. eating them. I havnt actually kept either species before but as far as i know they would generally keep out of each others way if given space.

hey,
if the pit comes out etc its is going to be 3.2 m long, 1.7m wide and 2m high!
pythonblue: yes i noticed that, mined you theres only like 2 jackies in that pit as far as i saw
i really would like the jackies out doors, but if cunnies aren't nice it aint worth it...what would be a good mix with jackies (preferably not another dragon species)
out of the following would these be alright (1 of them)

1) water skinks
2)eastern blueys
3) eastern ranges rock skinks
4) whites skinks

anything else?

cheers,

Luke

eastern water skink wont bother trying to eat an adult jackie but babies may be another story as im not sure on that.

eastern blueys could also easily eat a jacky dragon.

ive had blotched yearlings eat jackies in my youth,even if they dont get them down they will kill the jacky trying,if u want to keep things with jacky dragons u need to find species of similar size,water skinks,tree skinks and black rock skinks and white skinks,all of simalar size and bulk

richardc: so any of those mentioned at the end would be ok?

if i have a 3.2 m l x 1.7m w x 2m h and had 4 jackies in there how many more small animals could go in of similar size?

cheers,

Luke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back