Cute Rats

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can understand what you mean about indiscriminate breeders/fanciers who will happily sacrifice temperament in order to get a special marking, colour or coat type. For me, you have to be able to handle them foremost, with a stable and trustworthy temperament. And ditto for a healthy body.

You know the manx rats (tailless) have a form of spina bifida? And dumbos (with ears on the side) are considered 'sooo cute' but actually have downs syndrome?
Who would want to perpetuate that? It's downright cruel breeding these genetic freaks and mutants as a 'fancy' breed when they are something that should be culled out.

Rexes and patchwork hairless aren't properly stabilised yet as a breed...they do end up runty and sickly from inbreeding. And blues are still very dodgy. They had this bleeding problem like haemophilia where if they got cut the blood wouldn't clot. This also happened internally. Ugh.

I used to be a member of a rat fancier's society but I quit because of the lack of ethics I was seeing in the other breeders. When I reported what I knew to the head honchos, they just turned a blind eye. I thought hell, what is the point? If we are not here to promote the healthiest, nicest natured and best of the breed...then why bother?

I am always prepared to pay anything for a sane, nice natured and well bred, healthy rat of any regular colour. Thankfully there are some fancy rat breeders out there who are ethical and realistic. It's just a matter of sorting out the wheat from the chaff.;)

I must say I've got a bit of a soft spot for the ol' rat and mouse. They are quite adorable.

The trouble is I think I've fed off a few potential show-winning champions in recent years :lol:

Heres some cute ones all grown up.
tn_Rats035.jpg

tn_Rats010.jpg

tn_Rats002.jpg

tn_Rats006.jpg

tn_Rats015.jpg

tn_Rats027.jpg

tn_Antts110.jpg

tn_Antts112.jpg

I like rats.

Not a real rodent fan here, but that pied baby in your first post Sdaj is adorable, somewhat 'bull terrier-esque' lol, love it!

No-Two, that mink blazed odd eyed one is spectacular!!!

Is anyone selling any of theirs as pets? I am lookin for some good patterns

Wherebouts are you? There surely would be someone nearby.

How much are you selling the pet ones for? If you do sell i'd love one

Herpgirl, it may help if you state your location. There might be someone near you that has what you're looking for.

I'm in Petersham NSW, I am looking for 2 mote females with great patterns and 2 males.

More* I am looking for one albino male and the others can be other cool colours

Please anyone know a breeder in sydney I could contact if no one here has any?

is sadji for sale? Cause Im on a rat club and they like them

Yeah, I got some rats comming soon. The 2 males from JrFear and 2 more females from a rat fanciers club in ermington.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back