Cyclone for Xmas

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got stuck on the ring road in it. Haven't checked the car for damage yet, but I'd be surprised if there aren't some dents in it.

I have some very small dents but could have been worse.
The hail is so big.

ah gotta love how the reptiles react. My two BHP are a little crazy right now...

we have serveral crocodiles, two of the youngest which live in a fishtank in the living room. one of them jumped out of the tank last night fell about 2 metres to the floor decided to go for a walk who knows how long it was exploring but who wakes up christmas morning to a rustling in your bedroom....

yep he was in the corner of my room exploring the territory...who knows. its about 15 metres down a hallway.

only in darwin....merry christmas ;)

All quiet now. Plenty of SES volunteers will be out spending their time cleaning up the destruction though. Hats off to them.

Man I love the fact that I grew up in Australia. I just read all of the conversations from beginning to end and man do Aussies have the best humour and outlook at life. One thing I've learnt from growing up is that you must look for the good in the bad, but be aware of the bad so that you can bring good into the bad.

On the topic of the Vic storm...
big car crash near my road, guy swerved into a tree, could hear the police and ambulance sirens from here.

I haven't keep too in touch with what's happening at the moment but I am aware of the storm potentions... Also awaiting a phone call if the government announces a relief package or disaster zone as I will be called into work to set some stuff up on the Clink website, hope everyone/thing is ok... Did VIC get hit worse that Nt now?

There was a lot of hype over the NT one..

Nasty storm, some hail damage, but not a cyclone.

We are in the South East of Melbourne and must have been on the edge of it

Well it's currently crossing the coast pretty well at the mouth of the South Alligator in Kakadu and for the moment moving directly South. I think you Mexicans definately had it worse than most of us in the NT!

Hope everyone is ok!! just got this off Cyclone watch:

Tropical Cyclone Grant has been downgraded from a Category 2 to a Category 1 system and has crossed the coast.

At 9:30am CST, the cyclone was estimated to be 50km west/south-west of Oenpelli and 185km east of Darwin, moving south at 8km/h.

Stay safe and I hope it passes you by with no damage!!!

I'm hoping that the NT low doesn't come back across to the eastern coast, until after the 27th as I'll be on a plane back to Townsville!!

You're safe but it's headed for the Gulf. Could brew again

Oh for shizzle... My place is in Oenpelli... each update is getting just that little bit closer lol.

IDD65001.gif

Looks like there will be a tonne of rain in the catchment!

Oh for shizzle... My place is in Oenpelli... each update is getting just that little bit closer lol.

IDD65001.gif

Looks like there will be a tonne of rain in the catchment!

lol

399935_10150446578728940_562618939_8680638_1326899019_n.jpg

Hahahahaha Spot on. Big Science. Halleluyah!

I see another trillion dollar bridge has gone 1.7 meters under. What are these beurocrats thinking? If we spend half the money we can use the other half to build another useless bridge somewhere else? And how does Iron Ore become copper concentrate???

re Edith River, google on.

Last edited:
Over to the Qld guys. Grant cometh!

You should have heard the beaurocrat clowns over here!

Our idiot blow in police commissioner (wanted to spend a million bucks to change NT police uniforms from kahki to blue because that's what they look like where he comes from!). This bloke didnt even bring his family to live here! He's being tough on bikie gangs but cant find any ha ha.

He was very puffed up and important as he adressed the cameras..

" Darwin is Emergency Response Area 1 and the surrounding areas are designated Emergency Response Area 2 however, for ease of operational proceedure Emergency Response Area 2 will be considered to be Emergency Response Area 1 for this event."

Very reassuring! not.

Grant just wont give up will he. Next thing we know he's out in the pacific ocean forming into a category 5 before doing a U-turn and coming back with vengance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back