dad uses facebook to teach his daughter a lesson

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Neither would I! I remember back answering my mother one night in August 1988 after I was told not to touch the cheesecake she had ready to serve for sweets, I was only 9 at the time but I knew wrong from right. I also pushed into my sister after I was reprimanded.

Next thing I know my father stands in the doorway of my bedroom with a nice leather belt. You know the rest of the story. Yes, it hurt. 3 solid whacks right across the legs. "You never speak to your mother like that again you hear me!!" hell I even remember exactly what he said.

Oh, forgot to mention, didn't get that strawberry cheesecake either ;)

Last edited:
That must have hurt more than the belt :C.

Wow my old man had a belt and I saw it quiet a lot. I wish I had a laptop to be shot. I would of preferd it over the belt.

Cheers Brenton

Next thing I know my father stands in the doorway of my bedroom with a nice leather belt. You know the rest of the story. Yes, it hurt. 3 solid whacks right across the legs.

Ouch!!! I used to get the wooden spoon... not always the same one though, I had a few of those broken over my backside. My Grandmother also hit me with a thick wooden fork which snapped when I was hit with it. You learn to behave after that... :shock:

Pfft obvious publicity stunt is obvious.

And the irony is he will probably be buying her a new one in a few months time...So he just wasted whatever money he spent on the first 1.

Ps *** kind of username is "alornmage"?? Maybe a bit to much skyrim playing for the cowboy?

It's not that I'm against strict parenting...I'm not at all (well maybe for Girls I am) but this was just stupid and an obvious publicity stunt and why waste a perfectly good computer?

Last edited:
It's not that I'm against strict parenting...I'm not at all (well maybe for Girls I am)

umm why? why should girls be given any less than boys? boys don't come home pregnant when they rebel ;P

It's not that I'm against strict parenting...I'm not at all (well maybe for Girls I am)

Girls need discipline just as much as boys do! I have one of each, & it is the same rules for both in my house! Its the same as the whole 'my son can have a girlfriend but noway will my daughter have a boyfriend before she is 30' Just as girls can fall pregnant, boys can get a girl pregnant!! Different rules for each child create's so many problems......for example, my brother & i hardly talk to each other for this very reason!

Waste of a laptop , he should of gave it away , and I don't like his beard. lol

As a teen, 15, i liked it but if i were in her shoes i think he did go wayy to far. The thing she did was post on facebook, which was what he was refering to, but what lead up to it was making her do ALL/MOST the chores, im sure some were un named, and also im sure the father made it seem worse than it was. Now i think that having kids they should do their own stuff, clean up their mess etc. She shouldnt have to make her parents coffee and clean up after them...like honestly that is what they have a cleaner for!

Now im not saying im perfect, i like to mess with the substitute teachers, muck around, etc but i wouldnt go posting stuff like that on facebook.

Now im going to get ripped on by all the adults on here who think that that is right, but pretend your in her shoes, i can understand that all of that is to much for her to be doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
As a teen, 15, i liked it but if i were in her shoes i think he did go wayy to far. The thing she did was post on facebook, which was what he was refering to, but what lead up to it was making her do ALL/MOST the chores, im sure some were un named, and also im sure the father made it seem worse than it was. Now i think that having kids they should do their own stuff, clean up their mess etc. She shouldnt have to make her parents coffee and clean up after them...like honestly that is what they have a cleaner for!

Now im not saying im perfect, i like to mess with the substitute teachers, muck around, etc but i wouldnt go posting stuff like that on facebook.

Now im going to get ripped on by all the adults on here who think that that is right, but pretend your in her shoes, i can understand that all of that is to much for her to be doing.

If there putting a roof over your head and paying for the clothes on your back a few chores around the house and a bit of respect isn't much to ask.. I'm in my twenties and I was also a little prick of a child but now that I've experienced a bit more in life, I know how easy I had it.. IMO a bit of tough love isn't going to hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know ive got it easy compared to others, i know i shouldnt complain when i get asked to do stuff, but as you said youve been there and its actually hard to do what your told, even if you want to. Not sure if its the same for you, but it i know people that are the same.

Im not going to post anymore, because im only going to get smashed on by everyone else.

don't worry snakes123 one day you'll have kids and have this same problem with them haha

it's part of the joy of life I guess ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back