dangerious snake question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_morris22

Reaction score
hi all.
i was watching a show early this morning on fox. about sharks it was interesting in the way they put it(you will see what i mean)
no this was the show and not me ok. also they said recorded attacks and this is an inpotant part of this stats

most dangerious (most attacks on humans)
Bull
tiger
great white
bronze
lemon

Most deadly (most rcorded deaths)
Tiger
bull
great white
oceanic whit tip
bronze whaler

most death to attack ratio
ocieanic whit tip
great white
tiger
dusky
bull

now i want to put this to snakes

most venemious
most dangerious most attacks on people (take a gess on with you think)
most deaths.

i want to know your thoughts

thanks
ashley

most dangerious most attacks on people (take a gess on with you think)
Snakes don't attack people, people just put them in situations where they feel the need to defend their lives.

yes i know but if it bits you it is still a attack on a human.

Snakes don't attack people, people just put them in situations where they feel the need to defend their lives
if thats the case won't that be for every attack.
ie- humans and humans (most case)(manly night clubs and pubs)lol
humans and dogs
its every thing.

i just meant in general a attack is a attack weather it is for food or shelf defence

I have no idea what your saying, but ill take a stab... Snakes never attack people, just defend themselves.

No highly venomous snake is really more dangerous than another, all are equally capable of killing you, and the majority will be just as likely to bite you as the next species, if the snake feels threatened. Its just that in 3rd world countires, that cannot afford antivenom, more people die! Sure some snakes are more venomous than others, but at the end of the day... dead is dead ;)

It doesnt matter to me which snakes are most dangerous, the general public should just respect all snakes and leave them alone. Stating which snakes are super dangerous, just increases the negative image of snakes, IMO.

The answers to the questions you have asked are all over the internet, and in hundreds of books - Do some research yourself, you usually learn more that way! I think the opinions on this site will be too varied for you to get a clear answer.

You are never really going to get a straight answer anywhere, though.. every herper who has experience with venomous snakes, has a different opinion on the matter!!

i believe that more ppl are bitten by cobras each year then any other snake, but this is partly where the snakes and ppl live. like brodie said, there a lot of deaths from these snakes due to the fact that antivenom isn't around like it is in Aust or other parts of the world.

something like 20000 + people a year die in India from snake bite, cobras and russels vipers are up there with bites results in death. Russels vipers don't have an effective anti venom because they vary so much in their range.

It's something that would be nearly impossible to get an accurate number on because of small villages in places like India and Africa.

The same applies to sharks, bull sharks kill alot more people in India than couls ever be counted.

ok the most venomous snake is the inland taipan or fierce snake
there is no way to tell what kills more people but russells vipers would be a pritty close guess.
there r many types of snake that could be class as most dangerous to humans but i would say any of the more aggressive snakes such as australias brown snake, north americas cottenmouth and africas black mamba would be at thetop of the list. but as the others have said they want attack unless provoked or if they feel threated.hope this helps

the answer to all three of q's is, the snake you step on.

i could rant... but brodie has done that for me ;)

so i'll just say, the inland taipan has never caused a single fatality, and all the recorded bites were suffered in captivity... you can deduce a fair bit from that statement

Gee my avatar looks good on someone else...hmmm.
In countries like Ghana people are killed by Vipers days walk from any antivenenes...2 hours and it's all over.

this i true that no 1 has died but that is because of the remote location that which they live in
i could be an extremely high figure if they lived in a heavily populated area

even if inland tai's were found in a populated area there still wouldnt be many deaths cause theyre extremely placid for the most part.

there are so many variables when it comes to snake bite that no one single species should be dubbed the most aggressive or venomous

Saw scale vipers and Russels vipers I think have the most kills to there names with the Cape cobra I think comming in third. Just a guess here mind you. As the puff adder causes a lot of damage in parts of its range.?
Rob

Sorry Brodie but I think you can make a generalization in regards to highly venomous snakes being more or less dangerous in an attack situation. I would much rather be attacked by a 8 foot king brown than a taipan any day.

While we're on the subject of deaths by wildlife, what about recent developements in the world of crocs?

I have heard it put that the most dangerous venemous creature in Australia is the humble Red Back Spider. For an adult a bite from one of these is unlikely to kill you but it will make you ill. The stat is based on the number of people who end up in hospital or needing treatment. Because Red Backs are so common around people in Australia I guess we bump into each other in the wrong way all to often. Inland Taipans on the other hand hardly ever bump into people and so should not be considered as dangerous.

I suppose it is a bit like saying tall buildings are not particularly dangerous. If you jump off them it will likely end in your death but people don't tend to do that so you cannot consider them dangerous.

ok the most venomous snake is the inland taipan or fierce snake

If you are a mouse.

The Ld.50 rating is based on laboratory mice.
Based on this same test, the Sydney funnelweb spider proves to be harmless.

Here's a very interesting read I found on the World Health Organisation's website regarding snakebite globally.

http://www.who.int/bloodproducts/animal_sera/en/

:p

Hix

smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge smudge

I have heard it put that the most dangerous venemous creature in Australia is the humble Red Back Spider. For an adult a bite from one of these is unlikely to kill you but it will make you ill. The stat is based on the number of people who end up in hospital or needing treatment.

thats why i thought the show was interestion how they were put in different class like
most dangerious (most attacks on humans)
Bull
tiger
great white
bronze
lemon

Most deadly (most rcorded deaths)
Tiger
bull
great white
oceanic whit tip
bronze whaler

most death to attack ratio
ocieanic whit tip
great white
tiger
dusky
bull

my fave one and i supose its like the inland taipan is the dusky. its not on any other list because people hardly ever come in contact with it but its attack to kill ratio is forth higest out of all sharks. what i mean is you ask anyone about shark attacks and everyone say's great white a the bad asses of the ocean but not once do they rate number one on any list(you get what i mean)
i wasnt asking for a big thing on my wording i was just putting the question there.

look i think
most venemious - inland taipan
most dangerious most bits(i change it to bits) on people- maby king brown (because it comes in contact with people more)

i was just wondering what other peoples top 5's would be.

thanks
ashley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back