Darwin Carpet Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bocasa

Reaction score
Hey all,
Im new to APS and am looking to get a Darwin
Was wondering who out there owns some of these, what are their temperments like, what should I do in the way of enclosure (he is 6mnths old and around 300-400mm)
Is this a good python to get as a first timer?
Upload pics please
ta

Hi Bocasa, I've got a darwin, 9 months old, 90cm, a little bit bigger than yours so in an enclosure ruffly 70w 45d 50h.
I would suggest a shelf and a branch or something to climb on, and maybe somewhere to hide on the shelf. My boy is always on the shelf or branch, his hides are on the floor and he never uses them instead sleeping in a half hidden corner on the shelf.
My boy was a bit snappy to start with (2 months ago) but we're making good progress (I'm just as new at this as he is).
Hope that helps.View attachment 293561

Hi Bocasa, I've got a darwin, 9 months old, 90cm, a little bit bigger than yours so in an enclosure ruffly 70w 45d 50h.
I would suggest a shelf and a branch or something to climb on, and maybe somewhere to hide on the shelf. My boy is always on the shelf or branch, his hides are on the floor and he never uses them instead sleeping in a half hidden corner on the shelf.
My boy was a bit snappy to start with (2 months ago) but we're making good progress (I'm just as new at this as he is).

Hey
Would you say he is too big to keep in a click clack or do I still have time to finish up a proper enclosure?

i have two Darwin, ones been great since get go other took a while to warm up to be but is great now

Mine is also barely ever in her hide. She's a sub adult albino darwin, measured today at a bit over 4ft long. I bought her as an adult so I never knew what her temperament was like prior to me but I find she has a beautiful nature. Never struck at anyone or anything in the time i've had her.

I general darwins are very flighty and nippy when young,very similar to jungles in that respect.Albinos on the other hand are very layed back.

I general darwins are very flighty and nippy when young,very similar to jungles in that respect.Albinos on the other hand are very layed back.
Ive heard this but wasn't sure, I definitely believe it to be true though as my boyfriend's albino hatchy has an awesome temperament.

Well when deciding on getting him I knew that I would very likely get a few nips here and there. Im so excited, pick hi up on Saturday... Hopefully he loves his new home

My albino Darwin didn't get the memo, she's a spazz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back