Darwin enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I helped a mate do a reno on his kitchen a while back and grabbed the old oven surround to make a enclosure out of it . I had to cut it down a bit and put another top on it , i also made a basic rockwall for it and used red oxide to colour it instead of painting it . heres some pics .

P5010833.jpgP5010834.jpgP5150858.jpgP5150861.jpgP5150865.jpg

cheers Nico

Its not tottaly finished yet , i need to get a couple of tiles to finish the heated shelf and some glass for the front . It has a lift in 1 piece perspex front at the moment .

cheers nico

Last edited:
I like the idea of the drop in water bowl.

Have you had an overflow that has seeped through to the underneath yet?

Nah mate not yet , I left about 5cm from the top when I filled it up , she likes the bowl aswell and spends a bit of time in there swimming .

Cheers nico

I'd say it would be near impossible for spillage to occur unless the snake decided to practice diving, lol. Really good idea, mate.

lol bomb dive off the heated shelf :) , She has a habit of tipping smaller bowls over so i thought i would go a bigger one , i thought about a waterfall but i wouldnt try that unless i had a tub or fibreglassed bottom just incase she laid accross it and redirected the water . If you dont have the option of putting the bowl in the floor ( like stacked enclosures ) you could make a box to mount it in which would also double as a hide if you cut a hole in the side .

cheers nico

great work
giving me good ideas for my build ,old wardrobe for a black headed monitor
especially the drop in bowl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back