Darwin water python ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paintedpythons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have 2 darwin pythons which are sisters both are in their own enclosures . One of them was constantly in her small water bowl so I have been making the bowls bigger . As she was constantly tipping over her water I have put a large 3 lt plastic tub in her enclosure . She would now spend most of the day time in the water with just her nose sticking out and at night go into her hide .... Is that normal for a python or could there be a issue I may have to look into ?

Could be anything really, she might be coming up to shed, she could have mites (if so just check her water for any tiny bugs that might have drowned) she could be too warm OR she might just like being in her water :p

- - - Updated - - -

My little girl I I have when I saw her in the shop, was sitting in her water bowl. Theres nothing wrong with her she just liked doing it :)

Mine used to spend most of her time in her bowl during the day. Some snakes just love the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back