Definitely!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pythoninfinite

Just curious... how many spellings of 'DEFINITELY' are there? I've seen 'defiantly' (very common), 'definately' (also common), and recently 'definantly'... surely there must be more?

It surely must be one of the most misunderstood and misspelled words on APS...

Jamie

Last edited by a moderator:
you just had to post something jamie :lol:

Dephenettlee

I have to really hold back sometimes with some of the spelling on here.

I genuinely cannot comprehend how people can read a word thousands of times throughout their life, yet still not have a clue how to spell it correctly?

It's simply laziness in the majority of instances I think..

you just had to post something jamie :lol:

Absolutely Col, most defiantly! :)

J

The REALLY funny thing is... when I wrote that post, I actually spelled it 'definitly'... and had to rush back and edit it before anyone saw my mistake :)!

J

Last edited by a moderator:
i USE to spell it 'definately' as that was how i spelt it in my head <*whacks head* stupid head> but the correct spelling is 'definitely' but that's ok because i also spell and say 'fustrated' instead of 'frustrated' and 'uz' instead of 'us' must be the pom in me because my sister, dad, uncle and both my brothers do it to.

There is a a definitive way to spell it but the problem stems from the way most people pronounce it.
Definately, definatly, defnitly, defenattly.

The REALLY funny thing is... when I wrote that post, I actually spelled it 'definitly'... and had to rush back and edit it before anyone saw my mistake :)!
haha the irony is brilliant

There is a a definitive way to spell it but the problem stems from the way most people pronounce it. Definately, definatly, defnitly, defenattly.
True.
And speaking of irony, why isn't the word "phonetically" spelled "fonetically"?

I thought I was the only one irritated by that. I would see 'defiantly' and have to walk away from the PC.

I think a lot of it has too do with how tyred you are or how much you've had two drink as well as youre country of burth...

dont get too hung up on badly spelt words, it makes you look like a spelling grinch, and if that's all you've got to worry about then maybe you need to get a hobby !

Defiantly is not the same as deffinately. Defiantly is where you stand up to someone or something like that...
Thats my understanding anyway...

Will

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back