Diamond heating in canberra

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eitak

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

So I have a pair of diamonds this is their first winter so i'm keeping them heated 24/7 . . However next winter I was thinking of not heating them 24/7, and from what i've read its best to have a heat lamp on during the day and then no heating throughout the night . . However I live in canberra which in winter gets to the minus degrees.

My question is. Seeings as canberra gets soooo cold, is it best to have some form of heating during winter? Perhaps a low watt night light or heat matt set at a low temp? Or is it best to have no heating even in canberra winters?

I have read no heat but that advice has been given to people in warmer locations than what I am in.

in their second winter provide 8 hours of heat a day - whether with mat or light (regardless of where you are)=)

Hi eitak,

Yeah no heat is fine through winter nights. Certainly canberra does get down tothe minus temps, but i am sure it wouldnt get that could inside your house. Many of the exhibits at the sanctuary have no heat through the night and we dont run heaters in the building at all. Temps get as low as 10-12 degrees inside over night.
Regards
Dustin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back