Diamond not eaten for 7 weeks!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Armand

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
My female diamond hasn't even looked interested in any food for 7 weeks now. She seems fine no sign of illness as she has been exploring her cage and been out and about all the time. Has efficiant heat provided and not aggressive at all. Have tried all the different ways of feeding but none has worked... or even seemed like working. will take her to the vet within the next 2 weeks if she hasn't overcome her little problem but till then does anyone have an idea what could be wrong.. She does share a cage with my male but has eaten many many times sharing the cage...

cheers

How cold is it getting down there? Also have you looked inside her mouth to check for RI?

She sounds stressed.I would probably seperate them. The male may be dominating.

umm the cage temps dont get too low stays fairly stable ill amp up the temps a little bit more to around 28 degrees all time round. Stressed? They have been together for around a year now and she seems to be the dominating one as shes much bigger and hes always careful for her..

I agree with Cement.

Sounds like she could be stressed. Provide her with her own warm safe enclosure and see how that goes. Try a different food type like quail or day old chicks if she is normally feeding on rats/mice.

Separating has worked for me. 7 weeks is nothing for a snake that old. Mine have gone three months without a feed with little condition lost but still active.

Last edited:
4 months! havnt beeen that long yet.. ill try get her weighed as she is over the 1.8m mark easy and i wanted to breed her this year but to be safe i want to wait til she is at least 2.5kg as the last thing i want to haapen is for her to become egg bound. ill try seperate them, im looking for an outdoor enclosure now anyway too.. thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back