Diamond Python color potentials

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tasdevil

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know your opinion on my newly shed diamond python. I had adjusted the color balance of the pic to make the color very precise.
Do you suppose at this age you would be able determine on how it will look like when it becomes an adult. High yellow, black and white.....It is around 2 months old.
1.jpg

To me it looks like there's a fair amount of yellow already developing in the darker scales. I'm no diamond expert. It's a lovely animal though. I'd say quite a yellow animal. Is it a particular locale or from a particular area?

Looks like a Gosford locale to me, I'd say you'll have yourself a nice high yellow diamond in 12 months time..

Its yellow, but will retain nice thick solid black around the rossettes and possibly stay dark for the first one third with more %black then yellow on the scales.
It looks like it will have a very nice dark yellow dorsally from head to tail, and the back half it will fade from the deep yellow colour dorsally, to a more pale or creamy yellow along the flanks. This guy looks also like it will have nice black ring around every yellow on each scale. No doubt about it though, when its an adult it will glow out in the sun!

2.jpg

I was hoping it will turn a more darker diamond python ( very black with less white and yellow ) since it was the darkest among the hatchlings. ....but what ever comes out I would be very happy as long as it will stay healthy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back