Diamond Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythonkisses

Reaction score
Hello All

i just went to look at this pair of diamonds the female is great i held her very nice to handle am happy with her but the male he has just shed skin and he has been saved from someone who tryed to burn him so he has same scares on his tail am still thinking if i should get them or not.

What do you guys think........

PK :)

Dont want to be a stickler Sammie, but they dont look very "diamondy". But if they are only going to be loved pets, who cares how they look ay!!!

They are the black diamonds, some people don't like them while others do.
I think to keep diamonds healthy they
a/ They must have regular sun (possible disagreements here)
b/ They must be cooled and starved over winter
c/ They must not be over fed.

When you say burns I presume you mean from a enclosure heat source or are you saying that its a rescue animal???????????????? I am confused.

Apart from that. They look fine. They may colour up a bit more with time. Try and check that the burns didnt happen around the cloaca and adjacent parts of the tail where the hemipenes are. You dont want to get a fellow with fried equipment.

Oh yeah sorry it was a rescue animal he saved it as the ppl that had it near cooked it with the heat lamp in the pic i just posted you can see the scares near the tail etc the white marks on him.
he has just shed and looks healthy he has not feed them over winter and he keeps them outside in a big bird cage the female was very nice come right to me and up my leg the male wrapped around my foot.
He also has a male carpet he is very nice and a pair of water pythons and a murray darling yearing for sale but i love the diamonds.

Looks a nice animal to me pk, shame he got such neglegent treatment, but he'll likely heal in time. I know you'll give any snake/s you choose the best possible life. Enjoy your herps whichever you choose. :wink:

Those will heal. The scales will always look a bit odd. I have a male that was ion similar condition when I got him.

thanks instar i will give them the best possible life i can i do i have Q thou he has had them with no lights etc only outdoor heating the clothes line lol how would i go putting them with lights etc as i have the enclosure all set up with heat and lights etc.

Or should i just leave with no lights and slowy build them up to it?

They would still be used to light/dark, that wont bother them. As for heating, as long as its in the prefered range/gradient for diamonds, i would think they would only benfit. I have never had a diamond, but someone will be able to advise you re: temps etc. Cheers

Oh yeah, and of course provide place/s for them to hide away, as per any snake. :wink:

Hugsta would be the man to ask on this one Sammie, he has diamonds and boy are they healty and pretty!!!

Have a hot spot of 32-34, and a cool end of 22-24. Watch how they react to that and make adjustments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back