Diamonds what age can u tell if they will be white or yellow

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
most high yellow diamonds have a red/pink ventral at birth, most b/w diamonds have a white ventral at birth.

re Diamonds

OuZo said:
Shame on you ouzzz,give yourself an uppercut,you need an armchair and to regurgitate literature to be a reall expert,its all quite messy! yuck,your breeding experience disqualifies you, shame shame shame

Ah I apologise for taking so long to respond...that uppercut really knocked me out...or was that the Ouzo? :mrgreen: Hmmmmmmm either way I regurgitated something ewwwwwwww, am I an expert now? :lol:
OK you can be an expert too ouzzzzz,nice little python missy,the brown color usually turns yellow and whats blackish grey usually turns black :lol: its ancestors auts uncles cousins and nephews probably come from somewhere in coastal NSW whereabouts :D

LOL why does everyone call any plastic containers click clacks? Click clacks are a brand.

zen said:
Lastly, look very closely at the individual scales in between the rosettes, especially posteriorly. The size of the light 'speck' in the middle of the scale will give some indication of the overall eventual colouration i.e degree of yellow/white v's black.

I agree with that.

zen said:
Your specimen will always have smaller, tighter rosettes than his and look like more like a classic wild Diamond.

I agree with this, too. Your snake will turn out like a typical South Sydney/Illawarra wild diamond. It will have the right balance of black and yellow and i personally would be very happy with that.

Does anyone have any photos of a South Sydney/Illawarra wild diamond?

re Diamonds

Could be ourimbah,blue mountains,hawkesbury.batemans bay just about anywhere ive found all types of colors in all areas,size of spots and color mean are not an indicator from what ive seen over the years :)

RE: re Diamonds

does anyone have any photos of good b/w diamonds all the pics of diamonds that are usually posted up are of high yellows.

cheers Sam

re Diamonds

Heres a pic of a north sydney one :wink: by joe i think i got it,like footy Nth sydney, south sydney and they eat rabbits :p

re Diamonds

That picture is of a victorian diamond from the victorian department of environment and conservation,looks alright probably been released by some herp from north sydney on his way to the commonwealth games hey :lol:

Looks a nice looking snake.

Will be more than happy if mine turns out similar.

At what age approx are they fully grown? 4 yrs or so?

Hi
Here is a Black & White diamond.
She is one of Reptile Citys breeders.
She has been mated with a high yellow male.
We shall see what hatches? :shock:

Jason

Re: re Diamonds

zulu said:
That picture is of a victorian diamond from the victorian department of environment and conservation,looks alright probably been released by some herp from north sydney on his way to the commonwealth games hey :lol:

Yeah that pic was taken by Mark Hutchinson. For a close-up head shot of the same snake check page 94 of Rick Shines "Australian Snakes".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back