Die Or Not

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ceramics4herps

Reaction score
HI I have got a 2ft tank that i have fitted a thero too and as you would know not much room too keep it away from the heat source.Its switching off at 30c and turning back on at 26c during the day.Night time its switching off at 30c and coming back on at 24c.... I have a hatchie childs coming this weekend is this ok?Or should i have another source of heat aswell..... looking forward to your replys.......scott... STH AUST.

What is the heat source (i.e. globe, heat pad) and what wattage is it? How big is the enclosure - is it a tub or a proper enclosure? If you could put a pic up of the setup it would help heaps.

iTS A 40W PURPLE HEAT AND I HAVE A BASIC THERMO FITTED ITS IN A GLASS TANK 2FT X 1 1/2 X 1 3/4 TALL...... I HAVE THE THERMO FITTED TO TURN OFF AT 30......WHATS THE MAX AND WHAT THE MIN TEMP THAT SHOULD BE , HOPE THIS ANSWERS IT SO YOU CAN HELP... SCOTT

Basically what you want is a constant warm spot of 30-31 degrees (where the snake will be, not the air temp the thermostat is reading). You also need a cool spot of around 25-26 degrees. This is hard to achieve with a light globe connected to an on/off type thermostat, especially in a small enclosure. I think you would be better off giving the light a miss and placing a heat mat underneath 1/3 of the enclosure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back