Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry that happens I had the same problem with a person on here who still regularly uses this forum.

Cheers Brenton
PM please Brenton,
Is this the guy with the Boyd's and Angle headed dragons

Fay, I think when it comes down to people losing their hard earned money when they have undertaken a transaction in good faith, there should be some avenue of recourse open to them, even if the outcome is that other people are warned to beware.

Yes I'm sure some kindergarten minds may seek revenge using such a system, but I think protecting people's finances and fostering trust should be the first priority of a community such as this. There must be some system which can be used to do so?

But I guess when the Moderators view people having their money stolen as 'frustrating' rather than immoral, illegal and intolerable, there is probably no point in members banding together to try to stop this rubbish.

I thank everyone for their interest in this, and I wholeheartedly stand by other folk who have been shafted, whether buyers or sellers.

As 'the powers that be' have no interest in protecting those who have been ripped off and seem more interested in giving the grifters on this forum a fair deal (I do not abide by PC in any form), I for one am outta here.

Morgana

It never ceases to amaze me, you are on the other side of the world but one thing that remains constant, human nature. There will always be Shister's and Knob Jockeys. All you can do is be constantly vigilant, luckily there are plenty good people left in the world (both in the UK and Australia) so don't loose sight of this fact and get too cynical.

Kindest regards

Endeavour

This is crap.. Its such a shame but it happens EVERYWHERE on almost every forum I go on, cars, guitars etc etc Is it just me or do other sellers get messages like this? For example.. ''Hi there, I am very interested in buying your childrens python, call me asap on 04-such and such'' and they havent even made one single post on the website? I just delete it and assume they're scammers.

This is crap.. Its such a shame but it happens EVERYWHERE on almost every forum I go on, cars, guitars etc etc Is it just me or do other sellers get messages like this? For example.. ''Hi there, I am very interested in buying your childrens python, call me asap on 04-such and such'' and they havent even made one single post on the website? I just delete it and assume they're scammers.

Hasn't happened to me with animals...but on here it happened with someone wanting my cheepest item for sale, but had no posts...I did just as you said.

Hasn't happened to me with animals...but on here it happened with someone wanting my cheepest item for sale, but had no posts...I did just as you said.

A pair of my holdback geckos went to somebody on this forum who hasn't made a single post (i think)... Couldn't have gone to a better home, she is absolutely in love with them and i am well satisfied that she will look after them with all the care I myself could provide for them. Sometimes it may be worth talking to them and checking them out.

Oh she has been staying in touch with me via txt and updates me with pics on the phone...

No worries red Ink, that makes more sense though...nice animals needing to be purchased from a specific person,

What I was selling was easily attainable elsewhere (e.g eBay) for the same price, which is why I found it suss.

I agree with Morgana, there should be some way to name and shame. I also disagree with Fay in saying it's frustrating that it happened. It should not of happened, it's not frustrating, it's theft!!! And to be treated as such.
I will also ask for a pm of the said person to add to my "never go near list", I have three on there so far.

I have been extremely lucky in both buying and selling:) I hope I never have to face this problem as I would be so angry.

Only had a couple of messages saying please call me re such & such python - delete easy solved:)
And one tyre kicker who put me out a few times, but after that I won't sell to said person anymore.
All my purchases have gone smoothly and I have made some great contacts:)

Always check sellers out, I received an email from a random person today asking if I could give any details out re a breeder on here. No probs have dealt with breeder several times and have no hesitation in recommending.

Buyers I also ask several question, I had a python which had a bad start in life, I grilled the buyer, verging on being rude, but they wanted her and happy to answer my questions, they send updates so am very happy where she went. I think you generally get a feel for people...but there is always one that will put one over, am waiting for mine...

Last edited:
There's really no point in having a feedback system if you can't warn other people about bad experiences. It's like being given a test to mark, but told you can only give it a 100%...

I have learned really quickly that 'tyrekicker' isn't just a description applicable to buyers who give people the run around. Apparently it can also apply to sellers.

PLEASE - ANYONE THINKING OF PURCHASING A SNAKE.......BE SURE YOUR SELLER IS HONEST!!!!! DO WHATEVER YOU CAN TO ENSURE THIS. CHECK THEIR FEEDBACK. CHECK THEIR FRIENDS LIST AND MAKE SURE THEY'VE GOT A LONG STANDING GOOD REPUTATION.

I have just had my deposit stolen off me in one transaction, and 4 other 'sellers' who were supposed to get back to me over the weekend with last minute arrangements, who haven't.

I guess my first snake buying transaction a few weeks ago with goyathlay2 went so well and so professionally that I was lulled into the old trap of assuming all transactions would go as well. SILLY ME!!

TO THE MONGREL WHO STOLE MY MONEY, I HOPE YOUR PLANE FALLS OUT OF THE SKY ON YOUR LITTLE OVERSEAS HOLIDAY. CRASH AND BURN WITH ALL MY BLESSINGS.:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:

TO THE SELLERS WHO WASTE PEOPLE'S TIME......DON'T!!!!!! IF YOU DON'T WANT A DECENT BUYERS MONEY, THERE ARE SURELY OTHER MORE REPUTABLE SELLERS WHO DO! GO MAKE YOUR BEER MONEY SOME OTHER WAY.

My bitch over.

Morgana

unfortunately world is full of scumbags

There's really no point in having a feedback system if you can't warn other people about bad experiences. It's like being given a test to mark, but told you can only give it a 100%...
When using the feedback system you can give a 'positive', 'neutral' or 'negative' score and leave a short comment for all to see; have a look here.

A pair of my holdback geckos went to somebody on this forum who hasn't made a single post (i think)... Couldn't have gone to a better home, she is absolutely in love with them and i am well satisfied that she will look after them with all the care I myself could provide for them. Sometimes it may be worth talking to them and checking them out.

Oh she has been staying in touch with me via txt and updates me with pics on the phone...

Yeah I too have had a few people buy of me who have never posted in the forums, they were top customers

But I guess when the Moderators view people having their money stolen as 'frustrating' rather than immoral, illegal and intolerable, there is probably no point in members banding together to try to stop this rubbish.

As 'the powers that be' have no interest in protecting those who have been ripped off and seem more interested in giving the grifters on this forum a fair deal (I do not abide by PC in any form), I for one am outta here.

Do not take it out on the mods, they are just following the rules set in place by the site owner. Their hands are tied, as much as i'm sure they'd love for them to be named and shamed, it's not up to them to decide whether it is allowed or not they just have to do their job.

And the site owner has the rules in place, not only for people, but for protection of the site. If the site allowed posts of slander and defamation of character to stay up, they could suffer the consequences of action taken against them for hosting such things. There are whackos out there who WILL pursue legal action over any little thing.

And the site owner has the rules in place, not only for people, but for protection of the site. If the site allowed posts of slander and defamation of character to stay up, they could suffer the consequences of action taken against them for hosting such things. There are whackos out there who WILL pursue legal action over any little thing.

This isn't completely true, there has to be proof that there was an intent to falsely persecute a person/business without merit. Simply stating negative comments which refer to a transaction do not fall in to this criteria.
If it were true every negative comment on eBay's feedback system would be prosecutable as well as any negative comments in google reviews and sites like eatability.

I thank everyone for their interest in this, and I wholeheartedly stand by other folk who have been shafted, whether buyers or sellers.

Morgana

Do you think you are the only one who has ripped off and then frustrated that you cannot name and shame?
The rest of us whether we like it or not realise the naming and shaming rule is there for good reason.
I mean how would you like it if you did name this person and then they made another account and made up lies about you?
I guess then you would say the mods would then have to decide which is true and which is fake but guess what, the mods have lives and don't have time to play detective everytime someone is ripped off.
I suggest if you have been ripped off you do what most people do by either learning your lesson and getting over it or taking the offender to court.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back