Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isn't completely true, there has to be proof that there was an intent to falsely persecute a person/business without merit. Simply stating negative comments which refer to a transaction do not fall in to this criteria.
If it were true every negative comment on eBay's feedback system would be prosecutable as well as any negative comments in google reviews and sites like eatability.

Yes but i'd say it is a blanket rule to just avoid the hassle of situations. Sure some of them might not qualify for action, but others could if allowed to take place.

Like i said, there are whackos out there who will cause a lot of drama and try to take action over anything at all if they have a case or not. I mean, look at the one whos name shall not be spoken of, trade marking "Snakeman" and then getting on everyone elses case who refered to themself as a snake man.

Do you think you are the only one who has ripped off and then frustrated that you cannot name and shame?
The rest of us whether we like it or not realise the naming and shaming rule is there for good reason.
I mean how would you like it if you did name this person and then they made another account and made up lies about you?
I guess then you would say the mods would then have to decide which is true and which is fake but guess what, the mods have lives and don't have time to play detective everytime someone is ripped off.
I suggest if you have been ripped off you do what most people do by either learning your lesson and getting over it or taking the offender to court.

That's blunt these threads going up not only educate the indervidial but others. ppl actualy do this and others that have gone through it shed light on there exsperiences. It's a clear and precise reminder to be carefully I think the person involved understands the rules hence no name being given I for some reason have a way to pick them strait after I coped one crack pot I hit another lucky I showed a few ppl the pictures of what I was about to pay for and the owner of the snakes said that it's a scam someone actualy ripped his pictures of this sight and tried to sell me someone else's snakes

Cheers Brenton

That's blunt these threads going up not only educate the indervidial but others. ppl actualy do this and others that have gone through it shed light on there exsperiences. It's a clear and precise reminder to be carefully I think the person involved understands the rules hence no name being given I for some reason have a way to pick them strait after I coped one crack pot I hit another lucky I showed a few ppl the pictures of what I was about to pay for and the owner of the snakes said that it's a scam someone actualy ripped his pictures of this sight and tried to sell me someone else's snakes

Cheers Brenton

I see no issue about people starting threads sharing what happened to them, but whining that they aren't allowed to name and shame is what I think is a bit silly.
If you read what I quoted you will see that is exactly what she was complaining about.

I see no issue about people starting threads sharing what happened to them, but whining that they aren't allowed to name and shame is what I think is a bit silly.
If you read what I quoted you will see that is exactly what she was complaining about.

Do you blame her! I would be going off my rocker as well. I'm not starting a debate about it I see both points. It just sucks.

Cheers Brenton

Do you blame her! I would be going off my rocker as well. I'm not starting a debate about it I see both points. It just sucks.

Cheers Brenton

I understand her frustration, I have been in the exact boat, but in our society being frustrated isnt a valid reason for breaking rules that are in place for good reason.

Guess what..... positive feedback isnt a guarantee either! I have dealt with 4 sellers on here 3 out 4 have been brilliant. One of my sellers had no feedback and he was exceptionally efficient, one of the others had positive feedback and was abysmal selling me a mite infested snake no movement advice and has still yet to reimburse me for mite treatment(she offered) All I can say is let the buyer beware and I am so sorry for your loss of funds and disappointment

I have had a lot of people join the forum to buy my animals, Had no problem. If I take a deposit the buyer is full aware they have a set date to pay the balance by if not payed by this date their deposit is forfit. Had no problems with this. In my opion if you are buying something you haven't seen off someone you have never met and you give them money (even just a deposit). YOUR ARE MAD and all aways run the risk of being burnt! So yes even as a seller I say buyer beware do your reasearch first on people and unless 110% satisifed that they are legit don't do it! I was offered some geckos recently for a good deal but passed as I don't know the guy or anyone on his friends list. So long story short I will not be sending him money in hope of getting geckos as in my opinion is just not worth the risk!

We have had experiences on both sides of these type of stories, but luckily no money lost & have found this to be of an exception rather than the norm.
Once we wanted to buy a paticular snake that was offered for sale & the seller was mucking us around & not very co-operative, this was very easy to solve- we did not buy from them.
Another time a person had paid a deposit to buy a snake from us. They finished up deciding not to buy, maybe due to misunderstanding or miscommunication. No problems, deposit repaid & apologies accepted. I would rather keep our reputation in tack rather than have a few extra dollars. after all we should be here to help each other.

We have never encouraged feedback on our reputation as we never thought it nescecary, but have found that this normally happens privatly & when it does we are happy. Maybe we should encourage this in the future.
If you are unsure of a seller, do your homework & ask questions of others to find out info before you decide. Sometimes it is hard to make a decision to say no when you want something so much, but if unsure it is allways best to be cautious, & i don't know of anyone that will sell & send a reptile & ask for the money later, they would want to be a pretty good freind.

Cheers
Ian

Fay, I think when it comes down to people losing their hard earned money when they have undertaken a transaction in good faith, there should be some avenue of recourse open to them, even if the outcome is that other people are warned to beware.

Yes I'm sure some kindergarten minds may seek revenge using such a system, but I think protecting people's finances and fostering trust should be the first priority of a community such as this. There must be some system which can be used to do so?

But I guess when the Moderators view people having their money stolen as 'frustrating' rather than immoral, illegal and intolerable, there is probably no point in members banding together to try to stop this rubbish.

I thank everyone for their interest in this, and I wholeheartedly stand by other folk who have been shafted, whether buyers or sellers.

As 'the powers that be' have no interest in protecting those who have been ripped off and seem more interested in giving the grifters on this forum a fair deal (I do not abide by PC in any form), I for one am outta here.

Morgana

As a "reputable"seller on this forum, I suppose I may appear biased, but here it is. To implement a system like that on ebay, that allows folks who've had a bad experience to post negative feedback, requires staff. Giventhat folks on this forum have a moan about having to pay 10 bucks to use the "for sale" section on the most visited reptile forum in Australia, how do you think it would go over if everyone had to pay a fee just to use this forum? Wouldn't go over well at all. I do empathise with you on having been ripped off, even I've had one bad online shopping experience. That was out of hundreds though so I won't be quitting online shopping! For me personally, I have a fairly high marketplace feedback on here. This comes from years of always delivering. I've had to "go without" on many occasions, just to maintain my hard earned positive reputation. I do however rankle a few feathers on this site from time to time, and I wouldn't put it past some of the idiots I've PO'd to put false feedback in just to tarnish my reputation. 1 or 2 fake negative feedbacks could destroy years of hard work and affect someone's livlihood forever. That certainly doesn't sound fair to me.

On the other hand, I think it would be good to have, at the very least, a dispute system like that found on ebay. At the end of the day though, how you'd implement something like that without having to charge every single APS user a fee, I do not know. It would be ridiculous to expect the unpaid mods to do it, that is certain. Something for someone smarter than myself to think about for sure!

There is a market place feedback on this forum. I don't know how many people use it & wether it is good or not.
I guess if someone had a lot of negative feedbacks & not many positive ones you would ask the question. Like Snake Whisperer said it is easy for someone to say bad things but wether it is justified is another story, but at the same time if the feedback was used more regular then i guess if you were a respected seller there should be more goodies than badies.

cheers
Ian

I have had a lot of people join the forum to buy my animals, Had no problem. If I take a deposit the buyer is full aware they have a set date to pay the balance by if not payed by this date their deposit is forfit. Had no problems with this. In my opion if you are buying something you haven't seen off someone you have never met and you give them money (even just a deposit). YOUR ARE MAD and all aways run the risk of being burnt! So yes even as a seller I say buyer beware do your reasearch first on people and unless 110% satisifed that they are legit don't do it! I was offered some geckos recently for a good deal but passed as I don't know the guy or anyone on his friends list. So long story short I will not be sending him money in hope of getting geckos as in my opinion is just not worth the risk!

Yep... If they are selling through here, there's a good chance the community as whole will know of them or have had some dealing with them in one form or another.

Guess what..... positive feedback isnt a guarantee either! I have dealt with 4 sellers on here 3 out 4 have been brilliant. One of my sellers had no feedback and he was exceptionally efficient, one of the others had positive feedback and was abysmal selling me a mite infested snake no movement advice and has still yet to reimburse me for mite treatment(she offered) All I can say is let the buyer beware and I am so sorry for your loss of funds and disappointment
I agree.
I regard myself as an honest and decent seller, yet hardly any feedback. I cannot imagine anyone who has bought from me to ever say anything negative.
SO just because there is NO feedback, means diddly squat... LOL

Being a new snake owner,once i get my snake,i havent had any bad dealings as yet. I had thought i was decided on a childrens python,then i got a PM from a seller here offering me a woma for sale. I am undecided yet again. I have however bought two enclosures very cheap as the lady upgraded and got her diamond pythons something bigger,and they were very lovely also.
Decisions decisions :cry:

Being a new snake owner,once i get my snake,i havent had any bad dealings as yet. I had thought i was decided on a childrens python,then i got a PM from a seller here offering me a woma for sale. I am undecided yet again. I have however bought two enclosures very cheap as the lady upgraded and got her diamond pythons something bigger,and they were very lovely also.

defineatly the woma, hands down. easy decision :) or 2 cages both? though i'd get the woma 1st

The woma for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back