DIY enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jordan-gibson

Reaction score
this is an enclosure i have been working on for a my murray darling, its 1000W X 600D X 500H, all it needs is a final spray coat of paint, doors and heating/lighting.
i am after some input as to what the heating and lighting should be, i was thinking of having a ceramic heat emitter on 24/7 and a CFL on a timer both attached to the back wall. will this be appropriate? thanks
the bits of wood in there are just some scraps not part of the enclosure

Attachments

• Photo0199.jpg
    Photo0199.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 175
Personally I would not put the ceramic on the back wall. Doing so will enable the snake to sit ontop of the light cage. Hanging/fixing the ceramic from the ceilling the snake can still curl around the cage but it's less likely.
If you are worried about how to mount a fitting to the ceiling without exposed wires. Then a simple trick is to make a wooden box and fix it to the ceiling then mount the heater fitting on it.
Same could probably be said for your cpf.

hmm didnt think of that, the reason i wanted to put it on the back wall was because of the wires and so its not sticking into the cage all that much, and im not to keen on making something else i have to attach to such an already nearly finished enclosure, how about if i used some square light cages and had them attached so that there is no gap between it and the top of the box?

yeah could work I guess. though the bottom of ceramics are flat ro radiate heat downwards.

you could spend more and get a radiator panel. Or use a heat cord...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back