DIY heat mat.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hahaha yeah. Problem is the edges are a bit rough when I cut it with the jigsaw. I'm sure people would winge about it instead of just cleaning it up with a knife.....
I just made a hatchy rack with the 10mm coreflute. Works really well too. :)
(well not a proper rack. My tubs still have lids. But they sit on coreflute shelves with cord run through it)

I can't believe it's so hard to get hold of the 10mm, if those who can get a sheet of it should get others to go in on it then it would be stupid cheap

Yeah it's easy to get 10mm coreflute in Perth. I get it from a plastics place.

I tried this for my two hatchies, I used smaller size coreflute as I had a spare piece laying around. I think I did the same as someone else did (I can't be bothered trying to find the post) and slit the coreflute along where I wanted the heat cord to go. To make it easier to handle, I used a strip of gaffa to tape it up again afterwards, so it didn't bend. Works a treat! Only problem is I've got about 2m of heat cord just flailing about the place now because it's way too long! (I only had a spare 25 watt cord, I could definitely go down to a 15 watt, just haven't got one yet.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back