Diy vines

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trench

Reaction score
I had some left over peat moss and coconut fiber and silicon,
So I got some hose, covered it in silicon and then stuck peat moss and coconut fiber over it and got this -

Attachments

• IMG_1550.jpg
    IMG_1550.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_1553.jpg
    IMG_1553.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 424
mad4400, If the neighbours claim the garden hose back after you have converted it, be sure to take pics of them watering the garden with a vine ;)

I just posted a thread on this yesterday on the vivarium forums. I have some black piping and was planning on using silicon and peatmoss/coconut on it and was curious if others had done this.

Did the silicon stick well to the hose?

Yes it stuck realy well :)
Which vivarium forum is this?
can you please post a link to it :)

i think i mite be making some of these thanks heaps

Not bad a much better result than when I tried this in January. I have been meaning to get back to the drawing board on this one I just haven't had the time.

Looks great , i might give that a go in my enclosure im building , have you tried feeding wire through the hose so you can bend it into shape ?

cheers nico

When I got home and went to use my hose, it had a split and I had to cut off about 1.5m.
It must be a sign.

Looks great , i might give that a go in my enclosure im building , have you tried feeding wire through the hose so you can bend it into shape ?

cheers nico

yes, sorry, forgot to say the at the start,
it bends into shape pretty well :)

if you were to place a rigid peice of wire through the length oyu could make it into shapes too couldnt you?

I am going to try it with bigger hose ( the clear stuff ) and fill it with expandy foam so it stays in the shape i want and has more strenth for my 8 ft jungle to climb on , ill put a pic up when i get around to it .

cheers nico

if you were to place a rigid peice of wire through the length oyu could make it into shapes too couldnt you?

Yes sorry, forgot to say that at the start,
It holds it shape very well :)

I am going to try it with bigger hose ( the clear stuff ) and fill it with expandy foam so it stays in the shape i want and has more strenth for my 8 ft jungle to climb on , ill put a pic up when i get around to it .

cheers nico

look foward to seeing them :)

Thanks for the thread trench. gave hubby the idea to try it himself and worked a treat! he got two pieces of rubber tubing, twisted them around each other, then coated it in a mix of brown oxide and silastic. has such a great feel and looks great! Although in saying that the first pic looks like a dog turd lol

IMG_0358.jpgIMG_0359.jpg

Thanks for the thread trench. gave hubby the idea to try it himself and worked a treat! he got two pieces of rubber tubing, twisted them around each other, then coated it in a mix of brown oxide and silastic. has such a great feel and looks great! Although in saying that the first pic looks like a dog turd lol
I like I like, cheers for sharing.
I really want to get onto some of these!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back