Do globes lose hearing power as they age?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatlloydy

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just another thing I have noticed with 2 of my enclosures. The globes in there are 60Watt Edisons which have both been in for approx 2 months. The room is constant temperature and the Thermostat is the same...i.e...nothing has changed...However, over the last 2 days I have noticed a drop in temperature of approx 2 degrees.

Does anyone else have this issue with older globes...i.e..they are still working but not as efficient.

Hi all,

Just another thing I have noticed with 2 of my enclosures. The globes in there are 60Watt Edisons which have both been in for approx 2 months. The room is constant temperature and the Thermostat is the same...i.e...nothing has changed...However, over the last 2 days I have noticed a drop in temperature of approx 2 degrees.

Does anyone else have this issue with older globes...i.e..they are still working but not as efficient.

don't know what sydney has been like, but melbourne has had a drop in temp the past few days and i've had lower night temps (different globes than daytime for me) also, so may just be that.

yes, they do loose output when they are about to blow due to age sometimes. murcury vapour, fluro, and MSRs even more so.

just noticed my typo in the subject heading...I didnt know globes could hear :D That darn "r" key is too close to the "t" key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back