Do I deserve an Infraction for having Fun???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been given an infraction for this funny thread in for sale nonrelated herp

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthling

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Out the Back of Queensland and a bit more
I was just going through my Pms and I noted I have just recieved an infraction for this thread which I started for a Joke nearly a month ago before it became a paid thingo to advertise.

http://www.aussiepythons.com/showthread.php?p=633600

Am I a very naughty boy and deserve this infraction? What do you think? Or is it too Authoritarian/heavy handed the moderators judgement?

========================================================================
Reason: Unauthorised Advertisements
-------
wrong use of for sale forum,
People are paying to use this forum. Your action is efecting all members and if you like to joke in our commercial forums, you should leave our site. We will not tolerate that.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
=========================================================================

Hi Earthling,

Firstly, your first infraction is only a warning - you only have to worry if you get a second one (1 week ban).

Secondly, I would read the forum rules. I believe posting such matters in a public forum could be seen as making a fued public and could land you in more trouble.

A fued public???????????????? What fued?????????????? Im confused!
Wheres the forum rules??? been looking for 5 minutes and no luck.

Ps in the interst of fairness no people with biased views(moderators) should vote. LOL

Noun
S: (n) feud (a bitter quarrel between two parties)

...I'd say you're pretty bitter at this point.

Ive heard people complain about heavy handedness and the like from moderators and Administrators but jeez I didnt think there was anything in it. Now Im not so sure.

Bitter????????? Fued?????????? maybe you have me confused with someone else??????????
John Howard maybe????????LOL

All I was doing is putting up your judgement for everybody to see. If you feel your judgement is correct Adam surely you would see no problem in this.
I personaly feel it is a bit heavy handed and a failure to blend with the communities need to occasionally have a laugh. LOL.
Every good ruler should be transparent and accountable.
Fued there is no fued cob. LOL

Yep i think you deserve an infraction its the sort of thing that has contributed to alot of ppl leaving.

just wondering when owning a reptile and being a member of a reptile forum ment not being able to have some fun
i would have thought the mods on this site would lighten up a little or at the very least take a look around seems like many people here are not happy
or maybe i should just sit here and watch the rats leave this sinking ship

Yep i think you deserve an infraction its the sort of thing that has contributed to alot of ppl leaving.

Well my thoughts on this is, if the Mods were doing there job in the 1st place, they would have canned the thread before it had time to build momentum. As for that type of thread contributing to alot of ppl leaving, your joking right. Geeeeeez

well it seems people have been replying... whats wrong with it? if people didnt like it why would they reply, geeze its a little bit of fun, this site may be about the reptiles but sometimes the only time you get a reply is with something different, i know i have asked something about reptiles and didnt get 1 reply but this guy got 3 pages :/

i know i have asked something about reptiles and didnt get 1 reply but this guy got 3 pages :/

So are you saying that is good?

I will point out that it didnt bother me at all. It was in the wrong section and a number of ppl have mentioned that they have left because of stuff like this and specifically used that thread as an example.

Get over it, its just an infraction it not like they are going to cut your hand off or something.

As far as I am concerned the poster & the mods have stuffed up here.
The post should have never been made for several reasons.
1. It is inappropriate & degrading content for this site
2. It makes other members who are younger or perhaps higher moralled feel sick
3. It was posted in the for sale section not chit chat
4. Did you really intend to sell this lint? or is this a frauduent advertisement?
5. It fuelled other members to participate in chit chat discussions
6. It HAD turned members off this site (along with other things) etc etc etc etc etc etc etc!

And the mods are at fault also because they should have deleted it straight away & warned the poster there & then not let it get out of hand & then decide to act. For that matter this petty, stupid & boring little poll should be deleted. Get some backbone, lay down the rules & stop letting members bend them to suit themselves. I am sure there is a rule about questioning a mods judgement etc if not make 1 after all you guys own/run the site.

Just my opinion & you are all forced to share it.

Is it not the same idea as the TV channel thing... Is it an issue when an old lady complains to Ten that there was nudity on a movie on that channel (blah blah) - she could just change the channel right?

So reading a forum article about belly lint (assuming this is the said article) should be the choice of anyone...

However... On saying that if it breaches them said rules then it breaches them rules! And you deserve the full punishment of the law earthling. But I myself have enjoyed posting and reading and getting people to laugh at what has been one of the best threads this forum has had.

I think serious threads here are taken too seriously and the funny as threads here are overlooked by seriousness. But I do like this site (im licking a little here) because there is a wealth of knowledge. But it really the things i have enjoyed the most here is.... The pictures, the friendly people, the people who seem to like some of my posts, the laughs, the people that think im an idiot, and above all.... The people who show and tell me about their snakes... I keep coming back here like an addiction! I only wish i could type and spell!

Yes an infraction was deserved. I'm sick of seeing your stupid posts on this site!

That thread should of been deleted sooner by Mods.

Why didnt you start it in the Chit Chat section?

Its clear that you had no real intention of selling anything,

I wonder whats going to be sold in the fro sale forum next?

As far as I am concerned the poster & the mods have stuffed up here.
The post should have never been made for several reasons.
1. It is inappropriate & degrading content for this site
2. It makes other members who are younger or perhaps higher moralled feel sick
3. It was posted in the for sale section not chit chat
4. Did you really intend to sell this lint? or is this a frauduent advertisement?
5. It fuelled other members to participate in chit chat discussions
6. It HAD turned members off this site (along with other things) etc etc etc etc etc etc etc!

And the mods are at fault also because they should have deleted it straight away & warned the poster there & then not let it get out of hand & then decide to act. For that matter this petty, stupid & boring little poll should be deleted. Get some backbone, lay down the rules & stop letting members bend them to suit themselves. I am sure there is a rule about questioning a mods judgement etc if not make 1 after all you guys own/run the site.

Just my opinion & you are all forced to share it.

Sorry - I want to put my 10 cents worht in here...

1: why is it degrading for this site to show that herps can have fun?
2: if they feel sick don't read about it - simple. For that very reason i don't look up p orn on the internet.
3: I agree - it should be chit chat - or at least on Ebay - but never the less, it's not so there.
4: Speaking on behalf of Earthling I am positive the so said lint may never have sold for the asking price. However, I bet he would manufacture some if the asking price was met!
5: I don't get number 5 - "It fuelled other members to participate in chit chat discussions" what does that mean? You make it sound like it's a bad thing.
6: I would like to see the proof of the droves of people who were turned off this site because of this so said post.... Proof I ask for.. PROOF!

And finally... I am re-quoting "For that matter this petty, stupid & boring little poll should be deleted. Get some backbone, lay down the rules & stop letting members bend them to suit themselves."

WHY???? Petty??? What the??? Who are you to say this is petty with someone elses post and question and feelings?? Petty... Man... you're a bit harsh.
Stupid??? Again... who are you to determine stupiditiy??? Would that not be the same as saying - go read something you care about rather than making harsh highly opinionated comments.
Boring? I perosnally find boring people boring, but I can choose to read or not to read boring posts without actually intentionally saying they're boring.

I have to admit, because the computer provides an area of protection, an un-faced individual it allows people to say what they want at their discretion without regard to others' feelings.

I can accept your opinion JandC but I don't have to like the way it's put across. You're not doing a lot for your business by being so harsh. And I guess we can agree to disagree (if that's good with you). I like beer.

So that said... hopefully I'm not going to get canned for this, hopefully JandC can handle my opinion and not be uptight about it and we can all get along happily ever after and mind our own business - but the latter is merely a dream.

I don't know if I feel better after this rant or not.. hehe... Good luck earthling, good luck JandC... good luck me too...

re Do

Yes,yup ,yeh,you deserved an infraction for playing in the for sale forum,did you play on the road as a kid,it belongs to slateman now,rack off to chit chat for playtime LOLz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back