Do I deserve an Infraction for having Fun???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have been given an infraction for this funny thread in for sale nonrelated herp

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noun
S: (n) feud (a bitter quarrel between two parties)

...I'd say you're pretty bitter at this point.

I think firstly this type of comment Especially from an Administrator is childish an below what an Administrator... How can you tell anyone how to behave when you are simply fuelling the fire with such chidish comments. Secondly it is just such warnings that are driving people away. Some Mods and Admins need to take a look at themselves in the mirror. What the hell is this points crap...you have to be kidding yourselves don't you? I mean that is like the behaviour chart parents have for their kids....Slateman What the hell is going on with YOUR site mate. You know I like this site but I am also thinking of taking a break because of this very sort of thing. bad kiddy points. What happens when you get to ten do you get a prize??? There was nothing wrong with the thread really anyway it was just a bit of a thing called F U N remember that?

I am sorry but for sale forum is there for people to trade.
If all members will post jokes there, we will have mad house and tading will be hard to attempt.

Mate I understand what you are saying and I do agree but I mean don't you think this whole point thing is over the top. Also he said it was written before the new changes were made. It used to be that everyone in here used to get on really well together but lately everyone seems uptight and all serious.....I wish it would just get back to those days...It is a great site as you know I am a big fan of it but some people just need to take a breath before they type... All in all though as always love the site and you and the rest of the guys are doing a bang up job....

This thread perfectly illustrates why we can never please everyone on this site.

Scenario 1: We delete the thread. We get acused of having no sense of humour and being heavy handed.

Scenario 2: We let the thread run. We get in trouble for not removing the thread in the first place.

Either way, someone bags out the mods.

I have to confess that I only looked at that thread once. I saw it was silly but essentially harmless. I didn't bother looking at again. (If only some members could of managed to do the same thing). I think the fact that the thread ran so long is more a reflection on the members of this site than the people that run it.

Well, I've just looked at the thread in question. Ignored it before. Seemed pretty well tongue in cheek to me, just a bit of fun eh? And it actually wasn't started in the For Sale Forum, but in Chit Chat?? cheers Cheryl

I think if I read it correctly it was in the forsale forum, then removed and then placed in the chit chat becuase the moderators got a bit red faced and realised it was just for fun...but still incurred a point ...

not to mention any names but one of the people who seemed to object to the post should be the last one to cast judgment on others posts as one of there posts a month or so caused a bit of a up roar and myself and a few others took a bit of a dim view on what was said I myself got a lot of nasty pm from said person .. i found this to be a bit of a laugh but anyways back to your post i see no problem with it it was in the non herp related section and a post is a bit like a tv if you do not like what you are seeing then look at something else

how long do these 'infraction' points last ? Say someone gets 1 point (warning) and 6 or 12 months later does something (directly or indirectly) wrong do they instantly get a 2nd point and 1 week ban? Maybe there should be a time limit on these points?

And the mods are at fault also because they should have deleted it straight away & warned the poster there & then not let it get out of hand & then decide to act. For that matter this petty, stupid & boring little poll should be deleted. Get some backbone, lay down the rules & stop letting members bend them to suit themselves. I am sure there is a rule about questioning a mods judgement etc if not make 1 after all you guys own/run the site.

Hear hear!!! APS has deteriorated because of the very large amount of lightweight and inappropriate material that has been tolerated for far too long. I hope this will be seen as constructive criticism - I like APS, and very much want to see it back on an even keel, but it is named AUSSIE PYTHONS & SNAKES for a reason. Having to wade through the crap to get good herp material or info has become a very time-consuming task here. Tighten the rules mods, and you'll have my support.

Earthling, if you want to flog a site to death with inappropriate material, you should find a site which will accommodate your need for attention.

Jamie.

how long do these 'infraction' points last ? Say someone gets 1 point (warning) and 6 or 12 months later does something (directly or indirectly) wrong do they instantly get a 2nd point and 1 week ban? Maybe there should be a time limit on these points?

They last for 3 months. If you look in your profile you will see the date when a particular point expires.

I think you are very lucky to get an Infraction, every time I have been chasing them they are sold, does yours eat pinkys or is it still on feeder skinks? Would love to see some pics.

roflmao earthling, i liked your post. it was a ray of sunshine in an otherwise boring website.i was on here looking for a snake to buy, and what do i find???o_O BELLY BUTTON LINT!!!
i think everyone needs to lighten up. :)):)):)):))

I agree! Some of you people have sticks shoved too high up in places where the sun doesn't shine. I think you need to pull your heads in and loosen up a bit! :twisted:

ps: Unfortunately with the new orientation of the site, some people overlook that they are writing in the "for Sale" threads etc, and then have no mechanism to delete what they have written. Unfortunately I did this myself about 3 weeks ago due to other comments already in the thread (thinking it was something other than a Sale thread)

Last edited:
Heres my 2 cents worth

I personaly had a look at the first post, didnt like it and didnt go back in it to see what people were saying. I also think that FUN should be allowed, if people like that thread its fine, if they dont (like me) dont read it. I have to agree with Greebo here too, ya dammed if ya do and dammed if ya dont, its not the mods fault at all.
I think nothing less of Earthling for that thread as i like to have fun too, thats just his fun.

If ya want an example, Earthling i dont like your toes avitar, (i hate feet:lol:) but i wouldnt expect you to change it for me as that is MY problem NOT YOURS and you should not be punished coz some people dont like it.

That will do for now ;)

i think fun is underated here, and so many people are so quick to judge and abuse newbys that a little comedy reliefe is a welcome balm from the stings and jabs that come from some of the sterner members.(IMNSHO):p:p:p

I don't mind fun and silly threads. I think most people don't mind them, I just don't want to sift thru them to find something that I am looking for. The Chit chat area was created for that reason so by all means put it there and people who don't like it can not look at it. The belly lint thread was in the for sale area which annoyed me.

By all means be silly just do it in chit chat.

Just my thoughts

Ok, sorry, didn't realise it was put in For Sale section first up. But seeing as it was moved to the Chit Chat section, why not have a bit of fun with it? JMHO, ok?

The world is serious enough without a bit of fun we will all wither and die

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back