Do Pythons need to be cooled for Winter???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joeplant57

Reaction score
Hi all I've read just about everything on here about cooling and feeding in Winter and I have no plans of breeding and I still want to play with our Pythons during Winter..So I guess the the question is do I keep the same temps in Winter as I have in Summer and do I feed the same in Winter as I did in the Summer.. This cooling, feeding regime is probably the hardest thing to get ones head around well my head anyway..We love our Pythons and we have them out every day..but not sure what we are supposed to do in Winter..ps we live in Brisbane..pleases make the answers easy to understand lol..PS we have a coastal over two metres, two Jungles well over a metre a Darwin around a metre and half whoops a a spotted Hatchling..cheers Joe Plant

well i am in brisbane with a coastal that lived outside ova summer with no artificial heating however i have him indoors now to warm him up ova winter. If u dont want to breed i wouldnt cool. Im no pro though lol no doubt you will get a more technical answer soon :D

Hi Joe. You really only need to cool pythons in the winter if you want them to breed.
However, some species like the Diamond Python benefit from being cooled for their health and well-being.

Hi all I've read just about everything on here about cooling and feeding in Winter and I have no plans of breeding and I still want to play with our Pythons during Winter..So I guess the the question is do I keep the same temps in Winter as I have in Summer and do I feed the same in Winter as I did in the Summer.. This cooling, feeding regime is probably the hardest thing to get ones head around well my head anyway..We love our Pythons and we have them out every day..but not sure what we are supposed to do in Winter..ps we live in Brisbane..pleases make the answers easy to understand lol..PS we have a coastal over two metres, two Jungles well over a metre a Darwin around a metre and half whoops a a spotted Hatchling..cheers Joe Plant
if you don't plan on breeding keep 24hr heat sometimes snakes will still go off eating even with 24hr heat its just natural

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back