do you feed live food to lizards

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
At least these posts are good for a laugh when I can't sleep :) u can just tell by the titles of the posts if there's going to be a heated discussion inside lol

Man this thread got funny! Certainly put a smile on my face. As far as the pain feeling thing goes, there is still debate in research circles about weather insects feel pain or not and no one is going to make legislation based on "that might possibly be the case" unless its going to make them alot of money or benefit them in some other way. Insects are low down on the government's worry list and weather they can feel pain or not is not proven conclusively. No one can debate that mammals feel pain because it's been proven in too many different mammals including humans.

The reason live prey is more of a danger to your snake in captivity is that they can't get away from each other. In the wild the prey attacks for long enough to escape, then it runs. In captivity, where is it gonna run? You have put them in a sudden death cage match with only two possible scenarios, either rodent dies or snake dies. Flight is no longer possible so fight it must be.

If these answers are unsatisfactory then become an entemologist, prove insects can feel pain and change the laws.

Tildy I think that was the most reasoned, sensible post in this thread. It only took five pages to get there :/

Thank you. This thread has meandered more than somewhat, like I said, amusing tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back