Do you get attached to your breeders?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about how she is treated exactly. All of my rats are treated well for the duration of their lives. I just like this girl and I've had her for about a year whereas the babies generally only last two or three months at the very most. I know it's silly but it seems I'm not the only one who thinks like this. I just don't want to be the one who ends her life

Get someone else to do it,

i have nothing to do with my breeding rats i don't look at there faces i just go in there shoo them of there babies don't stare at them nothing like that i treat them all the same pick them up buy there tails and move them never hold them and that works fine for me i know if i started handling them etc it would make things hard
Dont think Sax is that fond of them...:shock:

When i was breeding mice i lost all bar one female, and all my males due to the heat in the Goldfields. The female looked like she was on the edge of death, and i was about to kill her when my wife stopped me. We gave her the night to live through, and if she did then she would be named, and allowed to be the star of my new colony. She lived, and she bred a lot, she started a whole new colony, and was bought a new male to have her way with every few months. She always had the best tub, special treats, and her babies were allowed to live until fully grown. She stopped breeding for about 3 months and i figured she was reaching the end of her life.

Killed her, froze her, and then gave her to my favourite snake as a special treat one day.

Sorry but breeding rats or mice are just that. Cull her and give her to your favourite snake.

AAAHH! That is so not how I was expecting that story to end!!!!

i have three pet rats. i love rats. they are smart and cute. im couldnt hurt any animal but understand those who breed their own rats or mice . im a vego but i hate people who try to force their beleifs on their snakes/dogs/whatever. i am much more comfortable feeding frozen rodents.

atothej09,

I interept the comment as meaning that he won't mind when he kills one of his female rats, because she hisses when you go near her. Also, as for laughing at the thread, the offspring are brand new, no attachment has been made other then 1. they are cute. Or 2. SNAKE FOOD. This thread is about having a good rat for a year or more and her being a good breeder, and very gentle. Over time people generate feelings (good or bad) for things around them, and this rat has been around for a while.

I have no trouble killing them off because as far as i am concerned i gave them a longer life then they were going to get in the beginning. I may spoil a favourite with treats, hides, and extra (better) food scraps, but in the end they are only there for two reasons. My snakes, and friends snakes. I would never have kept mice or rats otherwise.

MON

i have three pet rats. i love rats. they are smart and cute. im couldnt hurt any animal but understand those who breed their own rats or mice . im a vego but i hate people who try to force their beleifs on their snakes/dogs/whatever. i am much more comfortable feeding frozen rodents.

I am so glad you havent tried to persuade your snake to become vegetarian lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back