Does this sort of thing annoy anyone els? sugar glider related

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sugar Gliders arn't 'sent' overseas. They were exported when our wilflife laws were basic or non existant. The only animals that are exported now are illegally smuggled. I do see you point though about the licencing aspect.

Well at least our government could get of their backsides and at least talk to the US System of Licensing and Pets. Then tell them that this is a problem that we are not wanting and it should be rectified for the Animal's sake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly they can't be sent to America, they have been captive breed there for many many years. Secondly Sugar Gliders are found in New Guinea and surrounding Islands.
Lastly what on Earth have guns got to do with Sugar Gliders ?

Sorry but what has it got to do with our Government ?

Well at least our government could get of their *** and at least talk to the US System of Licensing and Pets. Then tell them that this is a problem that we are not wanting and it should be rectified for the Animal's sake.

i no they dont just get sent there but what im saying is they shouldnt have been sent there for people to own in the public in the 1st place

but i still think an animal like that should be on a permit because it is such a delicate animal that needs so much care not just anyone should be alowed to get them

I don't see how a permit is going to change the way they are looked after or indeed who has access to keeping them as pets. Have you ever known a person to be denied an animal keepers lic of any sort here in Aus (I haven't). I also don't see how supplying a govt dept with your name address and a few bucks for a permit can make you a better keeper, you only have to look at some of the questions asked by novices on this site to realise that permits make no difference to who keeps an animal be it a reptile, amphibian or any other non traditional "pet".

it still makes a difference
there are alot of really young teens and that who can get there hands on them overthere and if they were made to get a permit before they get them it wouldnt happen as much

i do no what u mean tho some people with permits here dont take care of there animals...
i guess either way animals are still going to be treated like crap somewhere in the world

it still makes a difference
there are alot of really young teens and that who can get there hands on them overthere and if they were made to get a permit before they get them it wouldnt happen as much

Its always going to happen in North America, there will always be more people mistreating animals over theres also more of everything really, perhaps even more people providing good homes for gliders.....

And im the last person to go out of my way to defend anything American, but at the end of the day their population makes our country as a whole look like a small village, its many fold ours, which can show things out of proportion a bit.

They have cities with more people in them, than our entire nation, but we have cattle properties larger than Texas, so its all good :)

"but we have cattle properties larger than Texas, so its all good"
hahah :p

yea i preffer the space

i have noticed on fox animal planet has a few animal rescue programs from america and the amount of mistreated dogs etc found in houses there just shocks me :(

I don't see how a permit is going to change the way they are looked after or indeed who has access to keeping them as pets. Have you ever known a person to be denied an animal keepers lic of any sort here in Aus (I haven't). I also don't see how supplying a govt dept with your name address and a few bucks for a permit can make you a better keeper, you only have to look at some of the questions asked by novices on this site to realise that permits make no difference to who keeps an animal be it a reptile, amphibian or any other non traditional "pet".

It does minimize impulse buying

It does minimize impulse buying

i agree, it puts alot of limits on people and by the looks of it in america it is alot of younger people buying them beacuse there cute and not knowing what there getting into

OMG whats with all the swearing and ***(little stars) in this post :shock: don't you know you'll get infractions!!!!!

Yes gliders aren't the easiest to look after thats for sure... The americans like to treat them as little toys that they put in their pockets and train to do all sorts of weird things lolz

haha yes everyone please try to be careful u dont want to go getting an infraction lol

i no what u mean itbites, there not suppose to be an accesory but alot of the people over there seem to treat them like one

I'm sure some people are blind to what happens on their doorstep, oh aren't the Americans awful they buy these animals and mistreat them and let them die or release them into the wild. Yes it all sounds very familiar.
Amazingly I agree with Australis to an extent, when you have a country with a population 10 times bigger then ours chances are the animal abuse problem will be at least 10 times bigger.

Yeh but if even a fraction of them adopted an aussie attitude it wouldn't be so bay ey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back